Moderator Control Panel ]

WDYTYA LIVE 2012

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

WDYTYA LIVE 2012

Postby Brian1964 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:20 pm

What I would like to see at the WDYTYA LIVE 2012, firstly is ME.
Brian1964

Re: WDYTYA LIVE 2012

Postby Kate Jones » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:05 am

Hello Brian!

Glad to hear you’re coming! Is there anything else that you’d particularly like to see there?

On a more general note, I would like to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Kate and I work for the Who Do You Think You Are? Live team. For those of you who have not come across WDYTYA? Live before, it is the world’s biggest family history event which is taking place at London Olympia February 24th-26th 2012.

It’s important to us that the show lives up to your expectations and so we are eager to hear your views about what you think should be at the event in 2012, so please let me know if there’s anything that springs to mind.

Also it has been an exciting week for us as we have just launched our new website so please follow the link below if you would like to have a look...
http://www.whodoyouthinkyouarelive.co.uk

Hope that you all enjoyed the lovely weather...shame it's gone again!

Kate
Kate Jones

Postby lizjones » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi, has the DNA timetable been published yet? Can't seem to find it on the website - and it might affect my choice of day! I always have a fantastic time and learn a lot. Thanks, Liz
Researching:
Denman - anywhere in the West Country but especially North Curry & Taunton
Fisher - Wedmore & Mark, in Somerset
Thomas - Minehead & Dunster
Willsman - everywhere!
Leighton/Layton in Gloucestershire & Herefordshire
lizjones

Postby Alex b » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi

Just booked my train. Would really liked to have seen British Newspaper Archive people there. Lots of questions for them and no newsletter or updates from them on changes to the website.

Also, nothing from National Archives?

Would also liked to have some representation from Essex!

Disappointing to see a few stalls that are nothing really to do with the show. Really bugs me to pay for something not relevant!

Alexb
Alex b

Postby debsstock » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:15 pm

A couple of queries regarding the show:

a) The Show-guide has the last workshop on Saturday finishing at 5.45pm, but the website says that the show closes at 5.30pm!! I assume that the website is incorrect and it should be 6pm, but can you please confirm what time the show does close on Saturday?

b) The website says that tickets for the Keynote session will be £5, but there's no mention of this anywhere in the show-guide. I couldn't see a special price for the Keynote session when buying my entrance tickets either (but in any case I couldn't have bought a Keynote ticket then because I was buying a 3-day ticket which only allows you to buy session tickets for the Friday - but that's another issue!). So could you please confirm the price of the Keynote session, and will tickets for it be available from the session ticket booths on the day?

Thanks - really looking forward to the show by the way - I never miss it and this will be the second year that I've come for all three days!
debsstock

Return to Genealogy chat