Moderator Control Panel ]

Forum problems

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Forum problems

Postby Matt Elton » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:10 pm

Hi everyone,

As you'll probably have noticed, we've been experiencing some problems with the forum (and the website) over the past week or so. With any luck these have now been sorted out and normal service can be resumed. However, if you do spot any glitches – or find parts of the site that still aren't working – please drop me a line at mattelton@bbcmagazines.com and I'll pass the details over to our technical team.

Sorry for the difficulties, and thanks for being patient!

Matt
Matt Elton

Re: Forum problems

Postby meekhcs » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:37 am

Hi Matt

There still appears to be a problem.

When I enter http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com it brings up the home page but there is no reference to the forum, that part is blank. However it does include Richard Madeley.

If I type in http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/forum then it takes me straight to the page and everything is fine.

So it would appear there is still a problem with the home page.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Sally
Last edited by meekhcs on Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
meekhcs

Postby Matt Elton » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:46 am

Hi there,

Thanks very much for flagging this up – I've passed it over to our IT guys to have a look at. If there's anything else that isn't working as it should be, let me know..

All the best,

Matt
Matt Elton

Postby KiwiJan54 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:38 pm

I am finding that the security certificates on all my BBC magazine emails aren't being accepted meaning that I can display them :cry:
KiwiJan54

Postby ColinB » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi Matt,
Since the Forum came back online I'm not getting any reply notifications on the threads I'm following.
I tried reconfirming my settings but it hasn't made any difference. Is it just me or is it general ?

Colin
ColinB

Postby Editor » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:10 pm

I will look into it.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby meekhcs » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:02 am

Hello Matt/Sarah

Just a quick update. I still find that if I log into www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com the home page doesn't come up properly. There isn't a link to the Forum in the header bar although the forum updates do now appear in the bottom left corner of the home page as before. Where Forum used to be in the header bar there is a faint vertical line, and several items on that side of the home page are just blank boxes with a red cross in the top left corner of the box.
If I add /forum to the web address then I enter the Forum ok.

Have a good weekend Sally
meekhcs

Postby Matt Elton » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi Sally,

Thanks for the message - I'm sorry to hear that parts of the website still aren't working as they should.

I've passed your query on to our online team, who will have a look at it as soon as they get chance. The fact that you can still access the forum (although not through the usual menu button) means that it sounds as if there's a problem with the images rather then anything else, but I'll let you know more as soon as I do.

Thanks again, and have a great weekend,

Matt
Matt Elton

Postby cfuller » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:44 am

There is some sort of problem with regard to registration that does not let it go on smoothly.

I would like to bring this to the attention of those who run the forum/website. The registration is good and all but activation emails, the first time out, do not reach the mailbox. Though I was able to work around it by alerting a forgot your password as I was not allowed to login right after I took registration.
cfuller

Return to Technical help