Moderator Control Panel ]

Hugh Campbell Sinclair and Agnes Elizabeth Jane Bullworthy

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Hugh Campbell Sinclair and Agnes Elizabeth Jane Bullworthy

Postby marksinclair » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:39 pm

I need a help please.

Hugh Campbell Sinclair was my great-grandfather and he was born in Halkirk in 1883. On his birth certificate his mother was Mary Mackay Sinclair work as a farm servant but there were no father name as he was illegitimate.

Therefore, he was emigrate to Canada in 1900. So my great-grandmother Agnes Elizabeth Jane Bullworthy (born 1894 London) was emigrate to Canada in 1913 with her father William Bullworthy. I was told that Agnes and Hugh were married in Canada but I can't find any record or marriage certificate for them. I do know that in 1915 that they had 1st child Beatrice Sinclair, then 2nd child John Manson Sinclair born 1916 and 3rd child was Raymond Albert Sinclair - (my grandfather) born 1918. All were born in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Therefore, Beatrice died few years. In 1920 Agnes and her 2 sons (John and Raymond) back to England and never went back to Canada again.

Hugh Sinclair was missing and said that he was disappeared but I have found him in census 1920 and 1930 that he was living in Chicago with 2nd wife called Midred from Germany and married in 1919 in Lake, Indiana. And I can't find the death record of Hugh Sinclair. I believe that they got a daughter called Ruth O Sinclair.

Will it be possible if there were any information about his father and more information about the marriage and death too?

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards

Mark Sinclair :D
Last edited by marksinclair on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marksinclair

Return to Genealogy chat