Moderator Control Panel ]

Find My Past subscription

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Find My Past subscription

Postby meekhcs » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Hello All

Is anyone having problems accessing their FMP account? The site underwent an update recently and I have been having problems ever since.

They are suggesting it may be cookies on my computer but I am very strict on this so feel the problem must be their end.

Thanks Sally
meekhcs

Re: Find My Past subscription

Postby ColinB » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Me too ! Since they updated I'm having to log in three times before it will recognize me.
I haven't contacted them because I don't find them very helpful - it always seems to be
the customer's fault !

Colin
ColinB

Postby meekhcs » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Hello Colin

Thanks very much for your reply at least I know it is not just me!! I am hopeless with anything technical regarding the computer and I wondered if I had pressed something by mistake.

Over the past few days everytime I entered the site it kept telling me "Bad Request" and mentioned Cookie:OAID=9edff. Any idea what this means? Now I can't even sign into my account.

Cheers Sally
meekhcs

Postby ColinB » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi Sally,

I'm not great with computers either. I'm not getting the error message - the site just ignores
my login. I find once I've logged in I can log out and as long as I return fairly soon I can then
log in again - but later on I'm back to failing to log in. I tried altering my settings to always
allow cookies from FMP but it didn't make any difference. I expect you've tried deleting all
of your cookies etc via the Browsing History and you obviously haven't changed anything at
your end ? Do you have access to another computer so that you could see if you are able to

Colin
ColinB

Postby callbrian » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi
Unsure whether this is the same problem.
I have seen some really strange things appearing when logging in and thought it was my poor old PC. This has really started to happen when all the new links RSS, Sitemap etc were added to the forum pages, some weeks ago. Also I am having to 'double click' on Preview, Submit etc. Is this a similar problem or my PC?

Brian
[color=#0000FF]callbrian[/color]
callbrian

Postby meekhcs » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi Brian

I am talking about accessing my FMP account not this forum. There were some problems on here a little while ago but they seem to have been resolved.

Hi Colin

Good idea I will ask my son/daughter if they can access my account via their computer.

Sally
meekhcs

Postby meekhcs » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi Again Colin

No my daughter could not access my account from her computer so must be a glitch in FMP's system

Sally
meekhcs

Postby meekhcs » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:21 pm

Hello Again Colin

All seems to be well with FMP now. They appear to have sorted out the glitch. Hope your logging on problem has righted itself as well

Sally
meekhcs

Postby ColinB » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Hi Sally,

Glad you are sorted ! I'm still logging in 3 times but at least I get there !

Clin
ColinB

Postby thingybobby » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Use FMP almost daily and yet to have such a problem (touch wood)
thingybobby

Return to Genealogy chat