Moderator Control Panel ]

Sebastian Coe (24 August)

Discuss this year's series, featuring celebrities including June Brown, JK Rowling, Sebastian Coe and Alan Carr

Re: Sebastian Coe (24 August)

Postby Ashley K. Howard » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:16 am

Why did he have to keep on interupting people - how rude, and how Tory of him!
Why didn't he listen to those interesting and interested people had found out information for him?
Was he ashamed of his relations, if he was he never showed it!
Ashley K. Howard

Postby Pennie » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:04 pm

Did anyone notice something interesting when Seb was looking at the ledger giving details of his ancestor, the property name ("Swanswick") and the number of slaves he owned?

A few lines down the ledger was recorded (if I remember correctly - tried to look at the replay of the episode but couldn't locate the exact moment!) a "Matilda H. CLARKE" and a "Sir Simon H. CLARKE Bart." (baronet).

I wonder if Sir Simon was a relative, and perhaps this is where Seb's grandmother's reference to titled ancestors came from?

Did anyone else spot this?

Pennie
Pennie

Postby phsvm » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:33 pm

I've said this one in this thread and I'll say it again. Why do posters feel the need to make cheap snide comments relating to Seb Coe which have nothing to do with researching his ancestors.

This is a forum for genealogy NOT for making rude and offensive comments about the subject of the programme.

There have been a number of individuals in the series over the years that I personally have felt a disliking towards for one reason or another but I wouldn't dream of making those comments known here because they weren't relevant in the context of the programme.

If comments such as those expressed by Ashley K Howard and MCorjanus, which are nothing to do with genealogy, continue this forum will lose much of the respect many I am sure hold it in. For me, it is leaving a nasty taste in my mouth.
phsvm

Postby lesley.mazey » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Yes, this was an interesting episode but was I the only one who got sick of the mantra "when I ran here..." (or similar). Now Seb, we all know you were an Olympic medallist and good for you but stop ramming it down our throats please. Yr family history was more interesting!!!

Saying that his history was fascinating. This has been a good series so far and I am looking forward to the rest.

It is nice to not just have soap stars!!!!!
lesley.mazey

Previous

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2011