Switch to full style

Moderator Control Panel

Spotted an advert or what you think is an automated message? Let the magazine team know here
Post a reply

Let us know about spam messages here

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well! Over the past couple of weeks we've had a number of 'people' (I'm not sure whether they are actual people, or just bots) posting spam messages across various parts of this forum. I know that this can be annoying, so apologies.

In order to speed up the process of deleting these messages – and to avoid cluttering up the forum with posts about spam – I wondered whether you could alert me to any new messages by posting in this thread? That way I can easily check for any updates every morning when I get into the office. Of course, if you'd rather contact me directly, you can always drop me a line at mattelton[AT]bbcmagazines[DOT]com (replacing the bit in square brackets).

Hope that all sounds okay. And any other suggestions, do let me know!

Matt

Re: Dealing with spam/advertising messages

Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Hi Matt
Thanks very much. This must be a real pain in the .......for you!

Sally

Re: Let us know about spam messages here

Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:44 am

Good morning Matt ,

Hope you had a good weekend. I just wanted to alert you to spam messages on the Feedback
Forum , posted by afra99.

Kind regards

Colin

Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:30 am

Hi Colin,

Great spot, thank you – the offending message should now have been dealt with. Any more rogue posts, give me a shout...

Cheers,

Matt

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:00 pm

A spam message has appeared on 'General TV show discussion' headed travel agency, this was posted at 10.41am today.

Rita

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:30 am

Found and deleted. Thanks for letting me know!

Matt

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:07 am

Here's another headed - "The advice of select handbags" in the Over To you section.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:09 am

and again in 'This Year's Series' and again in 'Photo Help"

Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:15 am

All three deleted. Thanks for this, you're all very vigilant!

Cheers,

Matt

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi Matt,

On the Tracing Individuals Board / William Overington thread , new member Betina has
posted a link which invites me to ' Start your Death Date Prediction Test' - not really what
any of us wants to see on the Forum !

Colin
Post a reply