[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1100: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1100: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead
Let us know about spam messages here : Spam messages - Page 3 Let us know about spam messages here : Spam messages - Page 3 • Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine | Forum

Moderator Control Panel ]

Let us know about spam messages here

Spotted an advert or what you think is an automated message? Let the magazine team know here

Re: Let us know about spam messages here

Postby mattelton » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:07 am

Hnngh, sport spam. This has all been deleted now, and I've banished the respective usernames into the wilderness. (Or, to be more accurate, blocked them.)

And although I'm sure I'll be in touch again beforehand, I hope that you all have a great Christmas too.

All the best,

Matt
mattelton

Postby ritah » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi Matt

This is not exactly a report of spam rather one of questionable taste in a response to 'Burial/Cremation Record' in Help with your research'. I won't repeat it here but it might be one to remove!

Rita
ritah

Postby mattelton » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:23 am

Hi Rita,

Yeah, that was a pretty tasteless post (and I think it was spam, too). I've now deleted it – thanks for letting me know.

All the best,

Matt
mattelton

Postby ColinB » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Hello Matt,

Just spotted a new spam message on General WDYTYA Discussion / topic ' Guilt or Pride
in your Ancestors ' posted today by lilyrichard.

Many thanks

Colin
ColinB

Postby Sylcec » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:11 am

Hi Matt
A rather weird message has been added to the "Polish Birth Certificates" thread - I think this addition is spam and needs deleting:
best MP4 video editor for windows users
Unread postby lindairion » 28 Apr 2012 12:01

Cheers, Sylvia
Sylcec

Postby ColinB » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:41 am

Yes these messages keep popping up from lindairion , all to do with video.
On the same subject euro12 is advertising football jerseys on help with research.

Colin
ColinB

Postby Annie08 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi Matt

Lindairion is certainly persistant - the MP4 Video editor for windows uses is there again three hours later at 3:01 on 28 April.

Annie08
Annie08

Postby mattelton » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi there,

Yes, persistent, and annoying. I've now deleted both the user and his/her posts. Thanks for pointing them out...

All the best,

Matt
mattelton

Postby meekhcs » Sun May 06, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi Matt
It's Sunday, a bank holiday weekend and "nflcnshop" seems to be answering an awful lot of messages on the board today. Methinks tis spam!
Hope you had a good weekend Sally
meekhcs

Postby Annie08 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Hi Matt

When I went into 'view new posts' I thought you were wishing us Happy Easter again! I see in fact that it is 'Number' who has hijacked your post in Magazine Feedback. It's jerseys this time. The post is dated 13 May 2012 timed at 10:12.

Regards.

Annie08
Annie08

PreviousNext

Return to Spam messages