Moderator Control Panel ]

JK Rowling (17 August)

Discuss this year's series, featuring celebrities including June Brown, JK Rowling, Sebastian Coe and Alan Carr

Re: JK Rowling (17 August)

Postby colliehouse » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Lucky all of you being able to watch unseen footage and the programme on the web site. Up here in the land where broadband is slower than dial up in most places my only chance of seeing the programme is on the tele. Suppose I will jsut have to wait and hope it comes out on DVD soon.
colliehouse

Postby Lorna1320 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:22 pm

callbrian wrote:Hi Matt,
I believe this to be one of my favourite episodes.
It showed how easy it is to make a mistake in identifying an ancestor. Also showing that having possession of documents is such a bonus, defining both a birthdate and a sample of Louis Valont's handwriting. How lucky someone had the forethought to keep all of the items.
Looking forward to the rest of the series with anticipation.

regards
Brian

I totally agree with Brian - this episode was fabulous. I thought it was amazing when the frenchman handed over a WW1 award medal to her - and she was overjoyed at receiving it. JK Rowling appears to be a really kind hearted and genuine person - and I can't wait to see Seb Coe in the next one!

Well done BBC - a great 2nd episide.

Lorna
:D :D :D :D
Lorna1320

Postby Kent Researcher » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:06 am

I have to agree that this was one of the best ever. My only regret is that there is never enough time in one episode to investigate other family lines - it always leaves me wanting more!
Bill
Kent Researcher

Previous

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2011