Moderator Control Panel ]

We need your thoughts about the WDYTYA? Magazine website

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

We need your thoughts about the WDYTYA? Magazine website

Postby Matt Elton » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:22 pm

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well and it's not too hot where you are – here in Bristol we've got the fans on AND all the windows open and I'm still complaining.

You may have spotted in this month's issue that we've launched a survey to learn more about what our readers think about the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine website. As some of our most frequent visitors, we're particularly eager to find out your opinions on the site, this forum, and our pages on Facebook and Twitter. Whether you love something or hate it, please do let us know – and to thank you for your time, we're offering three winners a year's free magazine subscription and a copy of WDYTYA? Series Seven on DVD.

To share your thoughts, head this way – and thanks again for all your great contributions to this forum.

All the best,

Matt
Matt Elton

Re: We need your thoughts about the WDYTYA? Magazine website

Postby Barb Hafslund » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:53 pm

Hi Matt
I'm terribly jealous knowing how hot it is there whilst I'm freezing my wobbly bits off here in Brisbane Australia! (I hope I'm allowed to say this?)
I just wanted to say I am a newbie here on the WDYTYA site - but I am a huge fan already.
I have been overwhelmed at the sheer kindness and eagerness total strangers have shown with my very first tentative query for help in the Forum. I really didn't think anyone would be interested but within hours I was getting emails from some very wonderful people who went to a great deal of trouble to help solve what I think is insurmountable.
I would also like to add that the last magazine that arrived here at my newsagents (June 2011) was an incredible help with my scots lines! Thanks to the article regarding Police records museums etc, I got in touch with a Alex Baxter who discovered that my GGGGrandfather - Peter Crawford (known far and wide apparently as "Lang Pete") - was a famous policeman (Sgt of Police) from Falkirk, Stirlingshire, Scotland. Not only is his portrait in the Stirling Museum but he features in a book, the chapter involving him I now have a copy of. *puffing my little chest out proudly*
You have no idea how much pleasure your magazine and now your website brings me.

Thank you so much.
Barb Hafslund, Burpengary, Qld, Australia.

mattelton wrote:Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well and it's not too hot where you are – here in Bristol we've got the fans on AND all the windows open and I'm still complaining.

You may have spotted in this month's issue that we've launched a survey to learn more about what our readers think about the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine website. As some of our most frequent visitors, we're particularly eager to find out your opinions on the site, this forum, and our pages on Facebook and Twitter. Whether you love something or hate it, please do let us know – and to thank you for your time, we're offering three winners a year's free magazine subscription and a copy of WDYTYA? Series Seven on DVD.

To share your thoughts, head this way – and thanks again for all your great contributions to this forum.

All the best,

Matt
Barb Hafslund

Postby Barb Hafslund » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:52 am

Hiya Matt
I spend more and more time on here viewing your website - but more and more often I am having problems reading articles because the WDYTYA adverts cover the messages. Is there some secret to getting rid of them?
Barb Hafslund
Australia
Barb Hafslund

Postby callbrian » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:37 am

Hi Barb,
If it's the attachments or photos you are having problems with, try the following from ColinB's posting.

"Following ColinB's latest posting I tried right clicking and found nothing appeared to work. Then by 'accidentally' double left clicking on the attachment it appeared to shrink and I was able to view it by scrolling".
I tried this in the 'Photos' section where it also appears to work.

Regards
Brian
[color=#0000FF]callbrian[/color]
callbrian

Postby Sylcec » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:36 am

Hi Matt
It looks like the forum has been hi-jacked by some commercial or spamming group "upsale" . Can you please get their posts removed and their address banned as a matter of urgency?
Thanks. Sylvia
Sylcec

Return to Technical help