Switch to full style

Moderator Control Panel

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here
Post a reply

Re: Is it just me - am I expecting too much?

Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:26 am

If you find it necessary to cast doubts on the abilities of other members you might at
least take the trouble to check your own post for errors : ' physm ' ?

Colin

Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:10 am

Hi everyone,

I understand that this is something of a contentious issue, but let's keep it friendly! My personal take on the matter is that, while I know that it can be annoying to not hear back from somebody who you've helped out, in some cases these things can slip through the cracks without any offence being meant.

If you're replying via the magazine to offer clues on something we've featured (in our Q&A section, for instance) I'd always advise to clearly include details of what you're responding to and the fact that you'd like your messages passed on.

Any more queries or suggestions, give me a shout.

Matt

Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Can I also add to this that we do need to know that you are happy to have your email contact details included in the answer. We do forward on any suggestions for the 'reader to reader help' but we are very cautious about forwarding on someone's email unless they have said that they are OK with that.

Regards,

Sarah

Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:32 am

Hi Sarah
Not sure who you are directing your query to, but I'm sorry to taken so long to reply, I haven't been well. I'm more than happy to be honest at all times - and I don't know why, but I just assumed that my email was included automatically in the forums.
May I ask, though. Do the forums get hijacked by twits very often? I'm not sure about anyone else, but I have a series of emails promoting shoe sales? Is there anyway to not just delete them from the thread?

Barb Hafslund
Brisbane Australia
barbh42@bigpond.com

Editor wrote:Can I also add to this that we do need to know that you are happy to have your email contact details included in the answer. We do forward on any suggestions for the 'reader to reader help' but we are very cautious about forwarding on someone's email unless they have said that they are OK with that.

Regards,

Sarah
Post a reply