Moderator Control Panel ]

Forgotten web address

Found any online record sets or tools that have helped your family history research? Share your discoveries here

Forgotten web address

Postby cathyhudd » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:46 pm

[i][font="courier new"]I accidentally came across a web site which gave only a few possibilites if you were looking for marriage partners. You gave the name of one of the partners and it gave four or six possibilites for the other partner. Therefore if you had just a christian name you were able to have quite a good quess at the surname. It was very useful for finding the surnames of married women who were on the censuses.[/font] I can't find this site now. If this muddled account of a site sounds familiar to anyone could they please remind me what it was called? Many thanks. [;)][/i]
Looking for information about:- Harpers of Northamptonshire, Warwickshire and Buckinghamshire. Whaymans and Goodings of Suffolk and Essex. Jacques of Leicestershire. Hudds, Pontings and Partridges of Gloucestershire.
cathyhudd

RE: Forgotten web address

Postby shevy » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:30 am

sounds like u are referring to www.freebmd.org.uk
Anderson & Marr - Midlothian & East Lothian
Bennett - Devonport
Cullen & Dowling - Waterford, Ireland
Littlejohns - Plymouth & London
Mansfield - Benfleet & St Pancras
Marr - East Lothian
Michelin - London
shevy

RE: Forgotten web address

Postby cathyhudd » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Thank you very much. This IS the site I have been looking for. It's very handy for marriages if you only have a first name for the woman because you can have a very good guess at her maiden name.[:D]
Looking for information about:- Harpers of Northamptonshire, Warwickshire and Buckinghamshire. Whaymans and Goodings of Suffolk and Essex. Jacques of Leicestershire. Hudds, Pontings and Partridges of Gloucestershire.
cathyhudd

Return to Useful resources