Moderator Control Panel ]

Celebs for next series

Recently watched a repeat and discovered something new? Have a query about how the show is made? This is the place to have your say

Re: Celebs for next series

Postby Annie08 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:19 pm

I know David Tennant has already appeared, I was actually watching an episode of 'Who' at the time and my fingers hit wrong keys as I was typing - the first name and first letter of surname were right though. Should have been:

David Troughton.

Well spotted.

Annie08
Annie08

Postby ksouthall » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Annie08 wrote:I know David Tennant has already appeared, I was actually watching an episode of 'Who' at the time and my fingers hit wrong keys as I was typing - the first name and first letter of surname were right though. Should have been:

David Troughton.

Well spotted.

Annie08

David Troughton would be good too.

How about Sean Pertwee and Georgia Moffat as well?

Then they could rename the series Who Dr Who Do You Think You Are?
ksouthall

Postby Annie08 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:19 pm

That's a good idea, I could really get carried away here as both Family History and Doctor Who are my 'passions' in life. (Actually anyone in years to come, looking at my Family History, would find 'Who' mentioned as if it wasn't for that programme I would never have met 'the Man of my Life'.)

But whoever they chose for the next series I will be watching as there is always something that gives me an idea, directly or indirectly, on where to go next in my own Family History.

Annie08
Annie08

Postby ksouthall » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:41 pm

Annie08 wrote:That's a good idea, I could really get carried away here as both Family History and Doctor Who are my 'passions' in life. (Actually anyone in years to come, looking at my Family History, would find 'Who' mentioned as if it wasn't for that programme I would never have met 'the Man of my Life'.)

But whoever they chose for the next series I will be watching as there is always something that gives me an idea, directly or indirectly, on where to go next in my own Family History.

Annie08

Are there any Doctors we've left out?

Perhaps they could include Elisabeth Sladen and Nicholas Courtney. I always liked The Brigadier.
ksouthall

Postby cp33 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:04 pm

When is the next UK series starting? I heard a rumour that it is being filmed at the moment.
cp33

Postby Editor » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:10 pm

How about the band 'The Who'. We could have Who do The Who think they are?

As for the next UK series, there hasn't been any confirmation (there never is until the very last minute, it makes our job impossible sometimes) but we are assuming that it is going to be the summer and we are just waiting to find out who is going to feature in it (they keep this stuff close to their chests even from us!) although I assume it will feature Konnie Huq because she has talked about filming her episode ages ago.

We are going to have the US series first (see our next issue for more details).

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby ksouthall » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:46 am

Editor wrote:How about the band 'The Who'. We could have Who do The Who think they are?
Sarah

Very good Sarah.

I am looking forward to the next UK series and the US series. Any news yet on whether or not the BBC will be able to show any of the other foreign series? Or if they will be available online as we don't have Sky.

Katherine
ksouthall

Postby Editor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm

Well I was hoping that if the US series did well here that they would consider showing some of the other international series in the UK, however, it looks as if they are only going to show the US celebs that are most well-known on the main BBC slot so it looks as if how well known the celebrity is is still the most important thing rather than the format. Still, if the other shows do well on UKTV, then perhaps that is where we may see some of the other overseas episodes. I'll post as soon as I hear anything.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby Sylcec » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:30 am

I'm looking forward to the next series of WDYTYA on Aus TV - whenever it appears. Don't care where the series come from - I love them all. In fact I enjoy them so much that I buy the DVDs of the series when they come available.

It would be interesting to see some of the US & Canadian WDYTYA when they come available as I expect that some different research techniques will be involved from those which are familiar in the UK and even in Australia. I'm sure that you would enjoy some of the Australian programs, not only Cathy Freeman, but actor Jack Thompson's story of sea-faring ancestry is universal; even though I hadn't heard of sports commentator Dennis Cometti, his episode was fascinating as research took him back to his roots in a northern Italian village - but really they were all interesting.

Fromthe UK - I loved Colin Jackson, David Dickinson, Amanda Redman, Mathew Pinsent, Alistair McGowan and Ainsley Hariot. Keep them coming!
Sylcec

Postby Sylcec » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:43 am

I don't know if you can access these videos out of Australia, but you can find the Aus series on-line here:
http://www.sbs.com.au/shows/whodoyouthinkyouare/videos/page/i/1/show/whodoyouthinkyouare
Sylvia
Sylcec

PreviousNext

Return to General Who Do You Think You Are? chat