Moderator Control Panel ]

Celebs for next series

Recently watched a repeat and discovered something new? Have a query about how the show is made? This is the place to have your say

RE: Celebs for next series

Postby FamilyHistoryAddict » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:16 pm

I think John Sergeant would be a good choice [:D] but will the BBC have him on the show?! (Tee-Hee)! [:D] [;)] He does have interesting ancestry by the way.

Cheers, FHA
FamilyHistoryAddict

Postby colliehouse » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:03 pm

I'm sure they would have him on the show, as long as he didn't have to dance. Be funny if he had a ballet dancer in his history!!

Now you mention the subject - one of the professional dancers would be interesting, perhaps Anton du Beke (apologies for spelling if it's wrong)
colliehouse

Postby Editor » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:03 pm

We can certainly cover some of the Coming Home stories in the magazine. Our February county is going to be Carmarthenshire so there will be some Welsh material on the CD that month as well as our Around Britain feature.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby pentre » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:00 am

John Sergeant would be great - and would pull in a lot of viewers who wouldn't normally watch the programme!
pentre
pentre

Postby RichardCrane » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:16 am

There is one celebrity who would've being keen on searching his own family history - and that's the late Dr. Fred Dibnah. I was very fortunate to meet Fred Dibnah, and that was at a traction engine rally in the New Forest, near Southampton. He was with his wife, Shelia as well as his steaming beauty, 1910 Aveling & Porter 10 ton steamroller "Betsy" (named after his mother).

I am suggesting to the production team of WDYTYA to do a "widow's edition" to the series by asking Shelia Dibnah, Fred's widow to explore Fred Dibnah's family history. We all knew him well as a steam enthusiast, a steeplejack, a storyteller, a working class hero - a real Northerner!

So, please, WDYTYA production team, let us fans see Shelia Dibnah explore to discover what Fred thought he was in his life!

RichardCrane

Postby ljstod1970 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:20 pm

Here's my top five:

Trevor McDonald
Zara Phillips
Gordon Ramsey
Jimmy Osmond
Jemma Redgrave

Lisa x
ljstod1970

Postby ksouthall » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:53 pm

Fred Dibnah's family history may be interesting, however what if his widow's family history is more interesting and varied? Her family history might make a more interesting programme than his?
ksouthall

Postby ksouthall » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:10 pm

Lisa,

I presume you mean tracing Zara Phillips' paternal line, not her mother's side of the family? If so, if you click on the following link,it will give you an outline of her ancestry:-

[link=http://thepeerage.com/p10072.htm#i100711]http://thepeerage.com/p10072.htm#i100711[/link]

I have had a look and it looks like Captain Mark Phillips is descended from a Cheshire collier, assuming the Peerage website is correct.

Katherine
ksouthall

Postby RichardCrane » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:56 pm

Ksouthall,
In regards to my suggestion for the late Dr Fred Dibnah MBE's family history being explored on WDYTYA, perhaps his brother, Graham Dibnah or his eldest daughter Jayne could explore his family history, considering it will be [i]their [/i]family history too.

Richard Crane.
RichardCrane

Postby ksouthall » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:46 pm

Richard,
That would make more sense as they would have more of a vested interest in it than his widow.
Although I am interested in my husband's family history, I find it easier to get more involved in tracing mine than his, so maybe Fred's widow would feel the same.
KSouthall
Last edited by ksouthall on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ksouthall

PreviousNext

Return to General Who Do You Think You Are? chat