Moderator Control Panel ]

Help

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Help

Postby Tessa25 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi
I'm trying to find out more about this photo of my grandad Frank Hammond. He's on the second row, 4th man along from the left. I've been told it was taken on an organised trip through his workplace - which I think at the time of the photo - was Limehouse Paperboard Mills. On the far right of the picture, over a door frame, you can just about read the text - Mann, Crossman and Paulin, which was a national brewery.
I think the picture was taken in the Isle of Dogs/ East End somewhere.
Any help that anyone can give me would be much appreciated.

Tessa :)
Attachments
tess.jpg
tess.jpg (125.13 KiB) Viewed 1819 times
Last edited by Tessa25 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tessa25

Re: Help

Postby christine7553 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:36 pm

Oops ! No photo !

Or is it me ?

Christine
christine7553

Postby Sylcec » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:41 am

I can see the photo!!
I think it was a usual thing for companies to hold 'works outings' - I have a few photos of men on works outings from a brewery in Burton on Trent from last century.
Suggest that you contact the Limehouse Board people who are still going, they probably have an archivist who may be interested to see your photo. They have a brief chronology of the company on their website here http://www.limehouse-board.co.uk/about.html
Good hunting! Sylvia
Sylcec

Postby Tessa25 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:55 am

Thanks Cyclec, I contacted them and received a very quick response from the Managing director of the company who knew my Granddad very well. Thanks for your advice.

Tessa :)
Tessa25

Return to Photo identification