Moderator Control Panel ]

Photo Help

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Photo Help

Postby richardbazeley » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:51 am

Hello
My family & I recently had a photo shoot given to us as a gift and some great pictures were taken. However afterwards we discovered the catch because the gift voucher did not allow us to take the pictures home and we would have to buy them, they are particularlry expensive and we cannot afford to buy them. As we all know photographs are key to our research in bringing the people to life & it would be such a shame to lose such nice pictures Therefore we entered into a contest to win a picture of our daughter Caitlin Bazeley. In order to win we need online votes so I am asking for everyone to help and vote by clicking this link.

http://t.co/vKV5U2Y

Once on the page click the Orange vote button under her picture. If you are on Facebook there is also a facebook icon below her picture which can be used to share her page on your wall and ask your freinds to vote too.

Any votes would be gratefully received by proud parents and I would like to thank you in advance for any votes.

Thank you
Mr Richard Bazeley
Richard Bazeley
richardbazeley

Re: Photo Help

Postby steve bannister 1 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:59 pm

I don't think anyboby on here is stupid enough to 'click' on a link that has a web address as poor as the one your one does. A 'gift' should be just that, a gift. Sounds to me that you just had a voucher for something. This is beside the fact, that this is not the sort of forum for what you are asking.

I would suggest that you save up for a more genuine photo shoot offer, which are far from expensive.

A quick google search comes up with a GBP25 Family Photo Shoot with ASDA Gifts at this site http://www.asda-gifts.co.uk/Product/Id/3918/Name/Family_Photoshoot, it's a photo session, but at least you still come away with a FREE 10" x 8" print.

I'm sure searching further will produce many more.

Your whole post sounds very suspect to me.

Steve
Researching:
BAPTISTE - Tobago, then moved to Glasgow in 1870's
YOUNG - Glasgow
GALLER - Austria
DEASE - Ireland (Westmeath/Meath/Coole/Kildare)
BEARDMORE - Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire
HAIGH - London (Originally Halifax, Yorkshire)
steve bannister 1

Postby richardbazeley » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi Steve

I apologise if my post sounds suspicious to you but it is far from it. Perhaps I have not explained it well enough.

The full website is this one http://www.venturephotography.com/uk/li ... aceid=5119

Google could be used to search for Venture Photography and their contest "The Little Face of Venture" to confirm validity.

However because I have also been asking people for votes on websites like Twitter where a post is limited to 140 characters I used a "URL shrinker" to make the link much smaller, to fit it in and have been copying & pasting from it ever since.

My wife & I were given a gift voucher that allowed us to go to venture photography and have a photo session, it was good fun and a great experience and of course we had many wonderful pictures which Venture showed to us, and of course we loved them.
They allowed us to have one photo as a 7" x 5" print, but there are so many more lovely pictures that we would love to buy but cannot afford, for example another 7" x 5" would be £95.

It was then venture mentioned this contest where we could enter our favourite picture and if we win get it as a 20" x 20" print, how amazing would that be on our living room wall we thought, so we entered.

I understand that it was a nice gift but I see no harm in trying to make the most possible out of it. I fully understand that there are cheaper photoshoot options out there but the problem is they do not have the same pictures, the dress is from our daughters christening and she has grown out of it, so we cannot recreate those pictures again, making these specific pictures very sentimental to us.

Sorry for going on a bit and I fully understand your scepticism with so many con artist around these days but I assure you I am just a father trying to win a picture of my daughter.

I hope my message has helped appease your concerns and would still love everyone who reads this to please vite.

Thanks
Richard Bazeley
richardbazeley

Postby mfkirke » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:26 am

voted!
mfkirke

Postby meekhcs » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:13 pm

Venture is a very expensive outfit! Like Richard, we were given a photo shoot as a gift a few years ago. The photos were fantastic BUT a fairly standard size print cost hundreds of pounds, which was not explained to you until you returned to view your prints! So I am sure is post is genuine, if maybe unusual fior this forum.
Sally
meekhcs

Return to Photo identification