Moderator Control Panel ]

Code of conduct - please read

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Code of conduct - please read

Postby Editor » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:43 am

We have had to remove a thread today because it has upset someone and I would like to remind people of our code of conduct. You should not put personal details of living people into your posts. I know that this is difficult as sometimes you may not know if someone is still alive. If you wish to give someone a lead and you think it may include personal information about someone who may still be alive, can I ask you to send it as a personal message (PM). Also, please don't put your own email address or contact details onto your post. Again, this can be sent via a PM. To send a PM, click on the box that has a little person on and the letters PM. You can find this box underneath the details of the poster.

Please remember that comments we make about people, even if they are dead, should respect the fact that they may have been the much-loved grandparent of someone who could be upset by negative comments. Please be cautious about too much negative speculation and use PMs if appropriate.

Thank you for reading this and I hope that the forum continues to thrive!

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Return to Technical help