Moderator Control Panel ]

Family Talling

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Family Talling

Postby dazza79 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi, I'm in desperate need of help tracing my dad's grandparents and beyond. Unfortunately he has no memory of them and all photos and documents were destroyed some years ago. My dad's name is Julian R D Talling born 26 Oct 1952 in Kent, his brothers are Jeremy Talling born 1951 and Barry E J Talling born 1949. His parents were James Edward Talling born 5 May 1909 and died in 6 Jun 1980, his mum was Agnes Dulcie Cook born 18 Jan 1922 in Oxford and died 21 Aug 1973. I've looked on ancestry.co.uk but there doesn't seem to be any info on other family members apart from some Marine info on James Edward Talling. If there is anyone out that could help me out and point me in the right direction I would be grateful? Thanks
dazza79

Re: Family Talling

Postby callbrian » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi
I have searched on http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl
The following information (some of which you already have) should help.
You will have to order a certificate or two from either the local register office or the GRO. This will confirm names dates etc.
James Edward Talling m Agnes D. Cook Sept 1947 Witney Vol 6b Page 2597

James Talling b June 1909 York Vol 9d Page 18
Agnes Cook b March 1922 Witney Vol3a Page 1958 (mothers maiden name Saunders)

There is also a marriage for a John Cook to a Florence FR Saunders Dec 1915 Oxford Vol 3a Page 3109
if this is your relative, there are a couple of brothers and sisters listed under Cook (Saunders) in the Witney district.
Try the freebmd site for yourself.
Good Luck

Brian
[color=#0000FF]callbrian[/color]
callbrian

Postby ColinB » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:51 am

On the 1911 Census I found :

Caroline Talling b 1881 North Wales ( Mold) , wife , married 4 Years
James Edward Talling b 1910 York, son.

Address : Richmond Barracks ( inc Hospital ), Richmond, Yorks.

I then found :

Alfred J Talling m Caroline A Long J-M 1912 Droxford , Hampshire , 2c 223

There is also a possible birth record for Alfred John Talling, J-M 1874 New Forest ,Hampshire, 2b 645 ,
which might give you a lead on the Census - but I notice that Talling seems to suffer from the usual transcription errors !
Hope this helps a bit !

Colin
ColinB

Postby JackyTalling » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi

My name is Jacqueline Talling, im 23 years old and live in South Africa. My Dads name is Graham Talling, he comes from Cornwall.

We have been trying to do a family Talling Tree and have alot of information, but what you have mentioned we can not link to our Family Tree.

Please let me know if i could send you the family Tree and other information on the Tallings, I hope i can help in tracing your Family.
JackyTalling

Postby david1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi Jacky Talling
My name is David Parker my mothers maiden name is Talling from Cornwall.
My late Grandfathers name is Thomas John from Lostwithiel. I know of a familly member now living in Australia who did a comprehensive Talling familly tree. My Mother mensioned has a copy i think. My mothers uncle, Bill Talling spent time in SA, ended up in the Newquay area, he has a son called Graham.
If this could be of any help contact me either by personal email or through this forem.
Kind Regards David.
david1

Return to General research queries