Moderator Control Panel ]

109 Harrowby Road Birkenhead

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

109 Harrowby Road Birkenhead

Postby sboguerooney » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:34 pm

I am trying to find out who was living at 109 Harrowby Road, Birkenhead in 1901. This was the address on the death certs for my great grandparents in 1902 - Patrick and Margaret Breen. Can't seem to find this address on the 1901 census. They were living in Belfast and Patrick was working over in Birkenhead when he became ill. Margaret went over to look after him. They both died of Typhoid Fever. I was wondering if he was staying with another family member while working over there?
sboguerooney

Re: 109 Harrowby Road Birkenhead

Postby paulberyl » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Not only cannot I find a Harrowby Road, of the right length, on the 1901 census neither can I find a Harrowby Road listed in the 1900 Post Office Directory

There is a Harrowby Road on the 1911 census and taking a random sample of entries it seems that a number of people living in the road had only been married a short while and therefore I wondered whether this was a new development built between 1901-11.

However there was a Harrowby Street on the 1901 census and 109 was a lodging house run by two sisters Sarah and Emma Walker.

Who registered the deaths and does this provide any clues as to where they might have been staying?

Paul
paulberyl

Return to Genealogy chat