Moderator Control Panel ]

FORT DUNLOP

Showcase your research and chat about the latest issues within the field of local history

FORT DUNLOP

Postby laughing granny » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:00 pm

Please does anybody know whether there is an association or forum for former workers at Fort Dunlop in the Aston area of Birmingham
laughing granny

Re: FORT DUNLOP

Postby Emmeline » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:02 pm

I couldn't find one but have you tried posting on the Birmingham History Forum? I had a query in the Birmingham area which I don't know at all and everyone on there was really friendly and couldn't do enough to help me. There may be someone on there who knows if there is an association etc.
Emmeline

Postby paulberyl » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:59 pm

I do not know of a dedicated forum for former employees of Fort Dunlop and repeating Emmeline's advice your best point of call is the Birmingham History Forum at http://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum.php
You can browse this as a guest and if you put Fort Dunlop in the search field this produces some 48 posts directly about, or mentioning, Fort Dunlop. Unfortunately you will not be able to access any of the photographs of Fort Dunlop without being a forum member.
Like this forum the Birmingham History Forum is very friendly and has some very knowledgable people on Birmingham's history.

Paul
paulberyl

Postby laughing granny » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:03 pm

Thank you.

I shall try both
laughing granny

Postby MartinJ1952 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:40 pm

I will ask my Father-in-Law if he knows of any association as he used to work there some years back, I am due to see him next week.
Martin
MartinJ1952

Return to Local history