Moderator Control Panel ]

it arrived this morning !

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

it arrived this morning !

Postby PinkVamp » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:50 am

my copy of the first issue this morning !!

lots of useful information and a good quality magazine !!!

Vamp x
PinkVamp

RE: it arrived this morning !

Postby Pitcairn » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:20 am

Mine too, looks like a very good mag. Nice design too. Congratulations BBC.
Pitcairn

Postby Simon in Bucks » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:26 pm

Mine came this morning - very good it looks to.

A question - I have subscribed for six months, but I've only been sent the 'FREE DVD - Series 1 - Ian Hislop's Story - Complete Episode'

I thought I'd be getting one complete Series One DVD ? With all episodes together.

What's everyone else got please ? Can anyone clarify what you are expected to get ? Perhaps I have to chase this up ?
Simon in Bucks

Postby JohnS » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:26 pm

I had feared it might give a superficial look at Family History like the TV series verges on sometimes. However, from having a quick look through it yesterday I can say that it has some substance to it. It's an interesting mix of articles based on the TV series and original pieces. I particularly like the 1841 article - hopefully it should prove to be an illuminating series.

I already subscribe to a very good Family History magazine. [i]WDYTYA[/i] looks like another informative and accessible magazine too. [:)]

JohnS

Postby eurogordi » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:56 am

Yes, I've only received the Ian Hislop cover DVD. I was going to leave it a couple of days and then telephone to find out what has happened to my free Series 1 DVD set. Apart from this hopefully minor query, it looks like a very good family history magazine - and I've been tracing my family since 1975 (and a couple of aunts before that too!).
eurogordi

Postby CarpeDiem » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:03 pm

Hiya,

My subscription was too late for the 1st magazine [:(] so will I be a DVD short on the offer ??

Carrol
CarpeDiem

Postby eurogordi » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:53 pm

No, the Ian Hislop DVD is simply a free cover disc - not the free offer. So if you go down to your newsagent you will still receive this disc attached to the front.

As for the free gift, I've just spoken to customer services who confirmed that these are being sent out separately and that my copy was labelled for despatch on 20th September ... so hopefully this applies to others to.
eurogordi

Postby Marie Lock » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi All,

I am the marketing manager for WDYTYA? Magazine and have noticed a few of you haven't received your free DVD gift for subscribing. I have checked with our despatch company and all were sent on Thursday 20th September. As these are being sent as packages, they may take a little longer to get to you.
If you haven't received your gift by Weds 16th, then please do let me know. Sorry for the delay in getting these to you - and thank you for supporting the magazine by subscribing.
Best wishes
Marie

Marie Lock
Marketing Manager
Marie Lock

Postby Simon in Bucks » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:16 pm

Thanks Marie - I now have my subscriber Series 1 DVD. 10 episodes - I look forward to watching them.

Thanks for that update.
Simon in Bucks

Postby margaretabram » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:16 pm

I subscribed the moment I heard about the magazine, back in August. There was no offer of a boxed set then and now I wish I had waited. I am really jealous of people getting it as I have never seen the first series!

I subscribe to several other family history magazines and have had some really useful "freebies". One mag sent a free disc that had important info that furthered my research into my husband's family.

Mags

Mags
margaretabram

Next

Return to Magazine chat