Moderator Control Panel ]

Date of family group photo?

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Date of family group photo?

Postby PatW » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:38 pm

Can someone please give me an approximate date for this photo so that I can then make a guess as to who the family members are.
Thanks
Attachments
family hoddle 1.jpg
family hoddle 1.jpg (75.08 KiB) Viewed 1387 times
PatW

Re: Date of family group photo?

Postby Megan Butel » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:32 am

I would place this group around the mid 1890s due to the fitted shape of the bodice area, the slightly puffy sleeves and the relative slimness of the skirts. The older seated lady with her lace collar is a little more like very late 1880s or early 1890s but given she is older - perhaps a little less fashionable than the younger counterparts?
As it is a studio shot - is there any information about the photographer on the reverse? The style of the photographic studio's information etc. as well as info on the photographer can assist in accurate dating.
Megan
Megan Butel

Re: Date of family group photo?

Postby PatW » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:45 pm

Thanks Megan. Unfortunately I don't have the original photo. This copy was emailed to me by another member of the family. I'll need to get in touch with them and ask for the information from the back and will post back.
PatW
PatW

Return to Photo identification