Moderator Control Panel ]

Proof Reading

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Proof Reading

Postby Ladkyis » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:10 pm

I really dislike it when people nit pick and complain about errors in spelling etc so I do this with great reluctance.

The cover story about Barbara Windsor stops on page sixteen. I say stops rather than ends because it stops in mid sentence
"That was real history: a sense ...."
It is really frustrating when this happens and it is happening far more often these days as typesetting is done on a computer. What happened to the proof readers? Were there any? More importantly what was the rest of the sentence? [:-]
Please, a sense of what?
First rule of Holes: When you are in one, stop digging!
Ladkyis

RE: Proof Reading

Postby Admin » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:40 pm

Apologies for this glaring error. When we added the high-res image of Barbara, the rest of the paragraph got shunted down, cutting off the end of the sentence.

It should read, "That was real history: a sense that the past means something to people today."

Apologise again and rest assured, we shall be more vigilant in the future.
If you have any technical difficulties, email EdwardHerbert@magazine-services.co.uk
Admin

RE: Proof Reading

Postby Ladkyis » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:36 am

Thank you very much for replying, I haven't been on the forum for such a long time so I haven't seen any replies. There are so many other things to look at and to do. I have found another branch of my tree, been contacted by previously unknown cousins in Australia and asked to talk to a FH society about my Jewish ancestry - is it any wonder that I haven't been here for a while
First rule of Holes: When you are in one, stop digging!
Ladkyis

Return to Genealogy chat