Moderator Control Panel ]

BMD Certificate Information for Free

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: BMD Certificate Information for Free

Postby phsvm » Sun May 17, 2015 5:16 pm

Just another reminder about making sure you help the genealogy community by adding details for the FreeBMD websire.
phsvm

Postby coopernicola » Mon May 18, 2015 8:21 am

meekhcs wrote:I have added lots of info to this site. It doesn't have to be just info from a certificate. If you have viewed the original parish record pertaining to an entry but don't have the relevant certificate, then add that info as well marking it as "viewed by me" or similar.

I too have added the information, as previously suggested, once I have received certificates but had no idea you could add PR information too. I have 5 A4 sheets of PR information from 3 different archives, perhaps this will be a winter project!
coopernicola

Postby AdrianB38 » Mon May 18, 2015 5:21 pm

I think the PR reference was to parish register versions of post 1837 marriages.

Sent from my GT-I8190N
Adrian
AdrianB38

Postby meekhcs » Mon May 18, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi Adrian

Yes you are right.Both my maternal and paternal lines lived almost without exception in Hampshire so rather than spend out on certs I spent a few days at the records office in Winchester and that is the PR information I have added to the site.

Sally
meekhcs

Postby lucyhaydon » Thu May 21, 2015 4:15 am

I hadn't come across any records on FreeBMD with a postem but am now going back updating notes from any certificates I have ordered to help other interested parties (I hope!).
lucyhaydon

Postby phsvm » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:56 pm

It's a good few years since this topic was aired on the forum so as I'm sure there are many new members I thought it worth reposting and reminding everyone of this.

Now off to add the details of the 5 certificates that have just arrived in the post ..... :lol:
phsvm

Previous

Return to General research queries