Moderator Control Panel ]

Can anybody read this writing?

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Can anybody read this writing?

Postby Rachey » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:11 pm

Hello,

I've been trying to read the name of the two witnesses at my great great grandfathers wedding but can't make Williams last name out? Does anybody know what it is please? :?: :mrgreen:
Attachments
IMG.jpg
IMG.jpg (153.06 KiB) Viewed 1706 times
Rachey

Re: Can anybody read this writing?

Postby Tilliduff » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:35 pm

I would read that as Christer, although it does help when deciphering writing to have more to compare different letters with. It's the "h" I'm not absolutely sure about.
Chris

Browns of St. Erme and Grampound, Cornwall, Henwoods of Devon and Cornwall, Tilliduffs from East London, originally Aberdeenshire
Tilliduff

Postby Rachey » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:45 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, I thoughht it may have been christer too, or christie? Here's the whole certificate :-)

Rachey

Postby Tilliduff » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:14 pm

That's certainly an "r" at the end, and there is a William Christer aged about 30 at that time on Ancestry.co.uk. It looks to be a Durham name.
Chris

Browns of St. Erme and Grampound, Cornwall, Henwoods of Devon and Cornwall, Tilliduffs from East London, originally Aberdeenshire
Tilliduff

Postby Rachey » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Ahh yeh, there is! And he is from the right part too, great! Thank you for deciphering it for me! Very much appreciated :D
Rachey

Return to Photo identification