Moderator Control Panel ]

LISA KUDROW

From Bill Oddie to Ruby Wax, have your say on past episodes of Who Do You Think You Are? here

LISA KUDROW

Postby Jeeps » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:30 am

This programme is due to air on Sunday 19th at 10.25pm according to this site but my tv listings say it should be on Monday at 10.35 pm. Which is correct please? I need my fix of WDYTYA!
Jeeps

Re: LISA KUDROW

Postby ksouthall » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:53 pm

TV Listings for the Lisa Kudrow episode as follows:-

19 Sep 2010 22:25–23:10 BBC One (except Northern Ireland, Scotland, West Midlands)

20 Sep 2010 22:35–23:20 BBC One (Scotland only)

21 Sep 2010 23:35–00:20 BBC One (Northern Ireland only)

Listings can be found on http://www.bbc.co.uk.

Not sure when the West Midlands will be getting to see the programme though.....
ksouthall

Postby Jeeps » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:41 pm

D'oh! Of Course! I'm in Scotland. Why didn't I think of regional variations. :oops: Thank you! :lol:
~~Jeeps~~
Jeeps

Postby Jeeps » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:24 pm

My husband recorded it last night for me so I didn't have to wait for it to air tonight. Possible spoiler - don't scroll down if you are waiting to see the programme.

I am an emotional wreck! I thought Lisa Kudrow was lovely, so natural and caring.

I don't think we have seen such footage of attacks on Jews on British TV before? I don't recall seeing individuals being harried and attacked although there has been plenty of them marching and in camps. :( I am glad there was a memorial in Ilya and she was able to visit it. Being able to see memorials/graves is an important part of my research.

I am so pleased there was a happy ending and it was lovely to see her father talking to the family in Gydnia.
~~Jeeps~~
Jeeps

Postby MarySue » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Some of that or similar footage has been shown previously on various programmes over the years re: WWII and holocaust so not unique by any means but it gave the programme a visual and an emotive sense of what was being talked about. Lisa was genuinely interested and wanted to know about the people and situations that had been discovered. Nice to see footage of her father talking to his distant cousin at the end. A great programme, just a shame it was so short as with the other US ones; those ad breaks over there will really have to go!!
Once again the programmed initiated discussion about the how and why mentality of the meticulous record keeping that took place when the enemy were slaughtering Jewish people.
MarySue

Return to Previous series of Who Do You Think You Are?