Moderator Control Panel ]

Jason Donovan

Discuss last year's series of Who Do You Think You Are?, which featured Bruce Forsyth, Dervla Kirwan, Monty Don and six more famous faces as they traced their family trees

Re: JASON DONOVAN (The Lyons side)

Postby ehoward » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:54 am

Hi Debbie - I checked this but Rosetta Lyons maiden name was Simeon. However, there are often mistakes made on BDM certificates.

Eugenie

DebbieD21 wrote:Hi
enjoyed this program as the others were getting a bit samey and the combination of convict and convict ships captain made it different.

I was fascinated to see that the Lyons came back to London! so had a quick search and in 1861 Joseph and Rozetta are at 16, Middlesex Street, Whitechapel, London with Simeon and his siblings.

I wonder if this is Joseph and Rose(tta)'s marriage in 1835 http://www.synagoguescribes.com/persondetails.php?value=4542

Debbie
ehoward

Re: Jason Donovan

Postby cromarty » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:44 pm

This episode of "WDYTYA" was disappointing in as the crescendo to this episode would have been the re-uniting of Jason Donovan with his mother and sharing the history of her family together.

Surely, a more concentrated effort would have succeeded?

It would have made tremendous television and of course recovered part of the jigsaw puzzle in Jason's life. His mother was a well known television beauty in Melbourne, Australia and Jason looks very much like his mother.

This episode was "nice", but needed more oomph.
cromarty

Previous

Return to 2010 series