Moderator Control Panel ]

Is it Just me but.....

Recently watched a repeat and discovered something new? Have a query about how the show is made? This is the place to have your say

Is it Just me but.....

Postby lesley.mazey » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:16 pm

I love the show. it is a must see Sky+ tagged pleasure.

But equally frustrating as I would love to be abe to afford the kind of help the celebs get when searching for their histories.

I am stuck pounding the keyboard and trying to get to various archives to see what is available. I am sure that I am missing out on loads of info just coz I don't know where to go next!

Ooh!

Lesley.
lesley.mazey

Re: Is it Just me but.....

Postby ksouthall » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:58 pm

No it's not just you. I am sure I am also missing out on loads of info too, due to lack of time and money to check out every possible archive.

Maybe when I win the lottery I'll be able to afford to give up work and spend more time on family history.....perhaps I'd better buy a lottery ticket!
ksouthall

Postby shallet » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:05 am

Well i am also a very huge fan of this show and I am also missing out loads of info.
shallet

Postby lesley.mazey » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:39 pm

I think what I find rather daunting is knowing what info is actually available.

I have found with many records offices they are happy to show you the microfiche readers and how to check out documents. But i could do with knowing what to do next and what to look for!

I have a number of holes in my tree but I don't know if there is any info that could help.

I have joined a local family history group and will be going along to see what i can learn. Could actually do with an evening class of some sort!

Lesley
lesley.mazey

Return to General Who Do You Think You Are? chat