Moderator Control Panel ]

Monty Don

Discuss last year's series of Who Do You Think You Are?, which featured Bruce Forsyth, Dervla Kirwan, Monty Don and six more famous faces as they traced their family trees

Re: Monty Don

Postby Wahian » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:39 pm

Jack Warner---born Horace John Waters---used to race at Brooklands and other race courses and while working for FW Berwick, seemed to then end up as test driver when they tried making their own cars financed by Alex Keiller Jnr.
Wahian

Postby MaryJones » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:00 am

I was interested to see Monty Don's connection with the Vere Hodge family as while researching my Family in Moorlynch Somerset in the 1970's the vicar was Rev Francis Vere Hodge and his elderly parents, at the time aged 90 and 89 were still alive, I believe his father was Rev B Cuthbert Vere Hodge and at one time, both were at Battle and are in a photo of Battle Church Choir of the 1950's. It seems too much of a coincidence that, bearing in mind the Rev Charles Vere Hodge of the programme, was my friendly vicar also related to Monty Don?
MaryJones

Postby tk1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:46 pm

I believe I could be related to Monty Dom on the New Zealand side, my ancestor is Henry Kirke Hodge whom moved to Te Anau in NZ. Whilst I am based in the UK for the time being, my father in NZ has all the diarys that would prove it, but for me there are way too many coincidences... one of the few things i have known of my ancestors is that they were originally Hodge's and that they had a large range in te Anau and then Wakatipu.. any idea how i get in touch with Monty? Thanks.
Regards
tk1

Postby Wahian » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:16 pm

You might like to try contacting his agent; Google will find her for you easy enough.
Wahian

Previous

Return to 2010 series