Moderator Control Panel ]

1911 Census (copy original)

If you have birth, marriage or death records you no longer need, help other users by swapping them here

1911 Census (copy original)

Postby Janet H » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:58 am

Alfred/Sarah HARBER & FAMILY - born Worcester/Derby & London, now Kentish Town, London
Janet H

Re: 1911 Census (copy original)

Postby ksouthall » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:29 pm

If you subscribe to FindMyPast.com you could be breaking the Terms and Conditions of your subscription by performing lookups on the 1911 Census. This may also apply to offering unwanted copies of 1911 Census There was a forum about this on this website recently.

Here is a message that was posted on it:-

Guy wrote:Re: 1911 Census Lookups wanted
by Guy » 30 Jun 2010 07:07

Sorry but it is against a subscribers terms and condition to use their subscription to do such look-ups.

Rather than encourage people to defraud the company (and possibly have their subscription terminated) may I suggest it would be better to use the pay-as-you-go-service.
Cheers
Guy

Perhaps Guy could clarify whether or not it is ok to pass on unwanted copies of 1911 Census returns?
ksouthall

Re: 1911 Census (copy original)

Postby Janet H » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Thank you for that information. I wasn't aware of the restriction, merely thought someone could use the copy I had legitimately obtained (bought with credits) but for the incorrect family. This is my first time using the forum pages. When you have seen this reply, perhaps I should delete the posting?
Janet H

Return to Unwanted certificates