Moderator Control Panel ]

american gone

From Bill Oddie to Ruby Wax, have your say on past episodes of Who Do You Think You Are? here

american gone

Postby kazza31 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:07 pm

can anyone tell me what has happened to the american series i really enjoyed the first three eps , now it just dissappeared please tell me the rest will be on?
kazza31

Re: american gone

Postby Queen Burnham » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:58 am

I know! I'm pleased to see that it's not just me that cannot find any listings.
I was starting to think that I've been missing them!

Anyone know where we can find out this info? The WDYTYA mag page just says that the shows will be on in the UK "later in the year"

QB x
QB x

Looking for Goodman, Gardiner, Jones, Wildman, Burnham and Fenner so far...
Queen Burnham

Postby ksouthall » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:29 am

They will probably show the rest of the US series after they have finished showing the UK series. I'd rather see our series first as the programmes are longer and the stories have both been brilliant so far. The Americans seem more concerned with how far back they can go than with dealing with any subject in significant depth.
ksouthall

Postby Lizhen » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:29 pm

ksouthall wrote: The Americans seem more concerned with how far back they can go than with dealing with any subject in significant depth.

I do so agree. Wondering if they will all do this. We'll have to wait and see. I found the third series the most interesting, and she was not all "I'm an actress!" "Wow!" but natural, down-to-earth.
Lizhen

Postby shallet » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:07 am

I have watch few of its episode but can't watch it regularly but now i am thinking to watch it again.
shallet

Postby Editor » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:57 pm

I'm afraid they seem to be showing the US episodes as one-offs and we aren't given much warning when they are going to air. We do try to alert people who get our weekly e-newsletter but we don't tend to be told long enough in advance to get it in the magazine. You can sign up to our weekly e-newsletter from our home page. We'll also put information like that on our Facebook page so you can always find out that way too.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby Zoe_Z » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:33 pm

The first seven American episodes can be viewed online (probably in USA only) at NBC.com:

http://www.nbc.com/who-do-you-think-you ... 1/1197290/

The newest episodes will begin airing February 4th, 2011 on NBC in the USA. Read about it here:

http://www.nbc.com/news/2010/12/16/who- ... eason-two/

Thanks to the kindness of others, I've been able to watch quite a few episodes of the BBC version. I find them interesting and informative. The American version is all about the "drama" which drives me insane. They repeat little snippets over and over, and give very little of the actual search. As a genealogist, I'd like to know exactly how difficult it was for them to find the information. As they do it, searching seems a breeze, no trouble at all, except for a few whose records were lost, destroyed, or never properly collected. I'd like to see how they approach the dilemma of multiple unrelated people of the same name, same age, living in the same community - things we genealogists face on a daily basis. Which one can it be? Who is my guy?

Looking forward to seeing more BBC episodes, even though I'm not always familiar with the guests, which makes it seems all the more realistic to me.
Zoe_Z

Return to Previous series of Who Do You Think You Are?