Moderator Control Panel ]

Magazine Index

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Magazine Index

Postby Ian McIntosh2009 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:15 pm

Can anyone at the magazine tell their readers if they intend to publish an index at anytime please. Items come up in the course of my research that I feel certain may feature in a magazine but I have no way of locating it without trawling through Lord knows how many magazines, I am getting close to filling my third binder!
An index to go at the end of each binder would be most helpful folks
Ian McIntosh2009

Re: Magazine Index

Postby Matt Elton » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:04 am

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your message! We include an index of the features included in every issue of the magazine on the cover disc each month. This is saved as a PDF file, so you can search through it for particular topics. If there's something that you can't track down, or would like more details on, do drop me a line at mattelton@bbcmagazines.com and I'll do my best to help.

Hope you're enjoying the magazine this month, too!

Matt
Matt Elton

Postby linda-penhall » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:31 am

I have just registered online here and was wondering the same thing. Now that there are no cover disks, is there an index to the magazine's somewhere?
Just thought I'd ask before setting out to do the arduous task myself.

Thanks,
Linda
linda-penhall

Postby meekhcs » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:47 pm

There used to be someone that compiled the index annnually or six monthly and they would then post a link on the Forum but I haven'e seen it recently. Maybe another of our long term members will remember and post the person's name.

Sally
meekhcs

Postby Jon Bauckham » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:24 am

Hi Sally and Linda,

We offer the magazine index as a PDF download with our bonus content, but it is admittedly quite tucked away. However, I've made the latest one available to access from the link below. It's a couple of issues out of date, but I'll try and amend it later this week!

http://bit.ly/1j3dZSM

We're hopefully going to get our website redesigned next year and one of the things on my agenda is to create a magazine index facility that is actually built into the website, enabling you to search the full contents of each issue topic, keyword etc.

Best wishes,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Return to Magazine chat