Moderator Control Panel ]

Bruce Forsyth

Discuss last year's series of Who Do You Think You Are?, which featured Bruce Forsyth, Dervla Kirwan, Monty Don and six more famous faces as they traced their family trees

Bruce Forsyth

Postby Matt Elton » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:41 am

Showbusiness stalwart Bruce Forsyth gets the new series of Who Do You Think You Are? underway with an episode tracing a transatlantic family secret this Monday, 19 July at 9pm on BBC One. Check back here after the episode has aired to share your views and see what other readers thought!
Matt Elton

Re: Bruce Forsyth

Postby Annie08 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Spoilers - Monday's Daily Mail - however I'm still looking forward to it. Why do the nationals do it? I turned the page and couldn't avoid it. However I'm still looking forward to the episode and hopefully they haven't revealed everything.

Annie08
Annie08

Postby Annie08 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:59 pm

I know I could have just turned the page and I do try, however this time I couldn't..

Annie08
Annie08

Bruce Forsyth

Postby abbaswede » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Very good tonight with Bruce Forsyth, interesting about his great grandfather.

Very nice at th end when he visited his great grandfather's grave and going to get a headstone done for him
abbaswede

Postby MarySue » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:47 pm

A great episode to begin the new series and we could see throughout that he had a genuine interest in following up the story through all its twists and turns. I have a similar story concerning one family member, who according to family lore, was supposed to have died and I have since found him living away from the family home so I found this story really intriguing. Great stuff to watch and be inspired by as I haven't yet reached the conclusion of my story as Bruce did.
MarySue

Postby lynjboxall » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:51 am

Great start to a great programme. Hope the rest of the series is as good, as I was a little dissapointed with the last series.
lynjboxall

Postby Ann Wessels » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:36 am

Very Good episode hope the rest are as good
Ann Wessels

Postby JohnS » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:13 pm

I enjoyed this one too. It showed raw emotion near the end.
JohnS

Postby Emmeline » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:17 pm

I'm not a great fan of Bruce Forsyth and was half-expecting him to be cracking corny, cheesy jokes every two minutes. However, I thought he came across as charming and courteous to absolutely everyone he met and had a genuine interest in his great-grandfather's story which I thought was fascinating. I really enjoyed this episode and I'm hoping it's a sign of things to come for the rest of the series.
Emmeline

Postby Annie08 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:35 pm

A great episode and start to the new series. If the rest are like this we are in for a great summer. The spoilers didn't spoil. When he returned to New York in 1903 I quite expected to hear that he had started another family - I was getting too engrossed in it! As it was revealed that a headstone would be commissioned I thought a wonderful outcome to a wonderful episode. Looking forward to next Monday.

Annie08
Annie08

Next

Return to 2010 series