Moderator Control Panel ]

AGNES TREMLETT

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: AGNES TREMLETT

Postby laughing granny » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:47 am

Hi! Deb

Thank you so much for your hard work-strange coincidence that I have just written to archives in Kent with regards to a baptism record. We thought that we would probably never know who the father of Edgar was but a baptism record may give clues to his mother.

You have certainly come up with some new information worth looking into.

Like you I can find no connection to the Dennetts. The parish records don't reveal much .Agnes entered the workhouse on Monday November 28th 1887,her year of birth given as 1867 admitted from Birchington parish.

The workhouse discharge record states that Agnes and Edgar left the workhouse on their own notice on Wednesday March 28th 1888
laughing granny

Re: AGNES TREMLETT

Postby laughing granny » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:15 am

Six years on and Agnes is still hiding behind a rather solid wall.

There were very few Tremletts born in Kent but there is an Adelaide Tremlett born to John Tremlett and Eliza nee Startup in the correct time line ie 1868

I'm wondering if this could be Edgar's mother.

If Adelaide was working in a large house maybe the lady of the house thought that 'Adelaide' was too posh a name for a servant and Adelaide was to be known by the name Agnes

Adelaide I can trace up to 1901 but after the 1901 census she disappears and as yet I have had no luck in tracing a marriage, death or emigration record
laughing granny

Previous

Return to General research queries