Moderator Control Panel ]

Kennel Hall Farm, Howe Green, Essendon

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

Re: Kennel Hall Farm, Howe Green, Essendon

Postby Sue66 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:23 pm

Hi Katherine never knew what his middle initial stood for but I do know he was born in Carlisle family lived Scotland road his Dad was my godfather both are now passed away.
As to maybe a connection at Kennel Hall there was a bungalow in grounds family name i think began with an 'S' they had a son called Derek i hope this information is of use to you.
Sue66

Postby woodchal » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:41 pm

If the person in the picture is actually much younger and just wearing older clothes and we construct what might be a house of cards then.....based on on initials and names and wife's name from Sue's posting.... (If Sue could could give you her fathers surname in might help solve your little puzzle)

There is a Hugh Scott Routledge, whose death was recorded in Dec 2003 in Ipswich with a birth date of 20 Sep 1928.

This ties in with a 1939 register entry with the same birth date of Hugh S Routledge living in Wood Grange, Border, Cumberland, England.

This MAY then tie in with a marriage of a Hugh S Routledge to a “Liz”, Elizabeth M Gilbanks Jan-Feb-Mar 1952 in Border, Cumberland. (I think Border may be the registration district)

This is probably completely wrong!!
woodchal

Postby ksouthall » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Thanks for your replies. This ties in with what I found earlier today, Woodchal.

Sue - do you still see your aunt? If so, could you show her the photo please and see if she recognises the person in it? It could either be Hugh Scott Routledge or one of the farm workers. Farmers sometimes look older than they really are due to weathering so it's hard to gauge how old the man in the photo is. Plus, it's a very small photo enlarged on the screen.

I could send you a private message with my dad's name to see if your aunt remembers him or his family.
ksouthall

Postby Sue66 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:28 pm

Liz Gilbanks was my aunt but I don't have contact wish i could remember name of family in bungalow Stanwick/Stanford.Hugh worked for i think pig breeders maybe called Grubbs?
Sue66

Postby ksouthall » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:09 pm

Sue66 wrote:Liz Gilbanks was my aunt but I don't have contact wish i could remember name of family in bungalow Stanwick/Stanford.Hugh worked for I think pig breeders maybe called Grubbs?

Thanks Sue. I'll see if I can find out more about the Stanfords/Stanwicks.
ksouthall

Previous

Return to General research queries