Moderator Control Panel ]

WDYTYA USA - BBC version

From Bill Oddie to Ruby Wax, have your say on past episodes of Who Do You Think You Are? here

WDYTYA USA - BBC version

Postby dannymorris » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:30 am

I live in Ireland and am fortunately (or unfortunately) able see see the show before the UK. However, I have to say I prefer the BBC version. BBC has taken out all the breaks, repetitions etc and even changed the narrator. They have also kept a lot more content, I noticed extra pieces on the SJP episode. The whole programme seems to be about 10 minutes longer! I think our version would only be about 30 mins after editing. Well done BBC. Keep up the good work.
dannymorris

Re: WDYTYA USA - BBC version

Postby rebmamber » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:42 pm

I am an American and was wondering how they accounted for our long commercials and repetitive intros and "coming up" sections. I thought the American version was interesting, but the two things that really annoyed me was the needless repetition (I can remember what happened 3 minutes ago) and the narrator. I absolutely love the BBC versions and I hope that the season 2 over in the US will take some notes from the BBC. Is there anyway to see what the BBC is showing, I'd love to see how they improved upon it.
rebmamber

Re: WDYTYA USA - BBC version

Postby WELLS39 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Of course the BBC version is fabulous.
Whether its the regular English version or the USA BBC series, I am happy to confess I am completely hooked. And would be happy to pay the licence fee if they were the only programmes available.
But I have only seen a couple of the USA series, I keep missing when it is due to be on. Its very frustrating to keep missing it.
Can anyone confirm when it will be showing again?

Thanks.
WELLS39

Return to Previous series of Who Do You Think You Are?