Moderator Control Panel ]

Just joined

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Just joined

Postby Maudie » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:23 pm

Hi
I have just joined the forum, after reading the 3rd issue, which I find just as interesting as the first one, thought I would now join the forum.

I really am very interested in the programmes, just wish they would show a few more details as to the sources of where information can be found, I`m sure that anyone new to this subject would probably appreciate that.

I have researching my family for some 10 years now and still finding surprises and secrets. I am presently researching a gt uncle who spent most of his life in India, I now want to find out more about his wife, and have just discovered that she was born in Malta, I now have to find out just how do I manage to find out more about her. There does appear to be any source for a census in Malta, at least there appears to be nothing on line, or am I wrong?
Seeking ancestors in India,George Nelson Grant descendants, Copeland, Paddison and many more
see webpage www.tribalpages.com/tribes/jarvisbarr
Maudie

RE: Just joined

Postby cms » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:20 am

Hello Maudie
This forum seems a little quiet doesnt it?
I hope you have found some links to Malta now; if not have you looked it up on Cyndi's List?
Main family names:
BATE Cheshire;Lancs
DRURY Shropshire
McCOLL Argyll;Rothesay;Greenock
CHILWELL Warks;Staffs
Also
BATHO, DICKEN Shropshire
REED Yorks
SMITH, ROULSTON Nuneaton
SMEDLEY Nottingham
cms

Return to Genealogy chat