Moderator Control Panel ]

New celebs announced!!!

Recently watched a repeat and discovered something new? Have a query about how the show is made? This is the place to have your say

New celebs announced!!!

Postby Editor » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:54 pm

The BBC has just announced the new celebs for the next series. There are going to be (in no particular order) - Alan Cumming, Jason Donovan, Monty Don, Hugh Quarshie, Alexander Armstrong, Dervla Kirwan, Bruce Forsyth, Rupert Penry-Jones and Rupert Everett.

I'd love to know if there are any from that list you are particularly looking forward to seeing. We haven't seen the preview discs yet but I'm looking forward to all of them. We'll be running a series preview in our next issue.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Re: New celebs announced!!!

Postby Emmeline » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:28 am

Do you know when the new series starts Sarah? Sounds like a good line-up but I'm not sure who Alan Cumming, Hugh Quarshie and Rupert Penry-Jones are.
Emmeline

Postby colliehouse » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:58 pm

Sounds like an interesting line up, but - only one woman. Is that to save the BBC money on the cost of tissues :lol:
colliehouse

Postby ksouthall » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:26 pm

Emmeline wrote:Do you know when the new series starts Sarah? Sounds like a good line-up but I'm not sure who Alan Cumming, Hugh Quarshie and Rupert Penry-Jones are.

Alan Cumming, Hugh Quarshie and Rupert Penry-Jones are all actors.

Rupert Penry-Jones is the son of Angela Thorne who was in "To The Manor Born". His father and brother are also actors. He was in Spooks. He is married to Dervla Kirwan who also features in the upcoming series.

Alan Cumming is a Scot. He was in a short comedy series in the mid-1990s called "The High Life", about cabin crew. One of the highlights was when he sang the song "Pif, Paf, Pof!" which would have done better in this year's Eurovision than the UK actually did! He has appeared in several films but I don't have time to list them all. These include the "Spy Kids" films and the character Boris Grischenko in "Goldeneye".

Hugh Quarshie is Ric Griffin in "Holby City". He has also appeared in Dr Who.

I think I watch too much TV as I have heard of all of them.
ksouthall

Postby Emmeline » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:00 pm

Thanks Katherine. I still don't recognise them but it'll probably be a case of when I see them, I'll be saying "oh yes, I know him"!! Can't wait til the new series starts, though knowing my luck, it'll be when I'm on holiday!
Emmeline

Postby Editor » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:26 am

At the moment it is looking like end of July. It will probably be a Wednesday night as usual so could be 21 July or 28 July. Sign up to our weekly email newsletter if you don't want to miss out as schedules can change at the last minute. We are running a series preview in our next issue (on sale 13 July).

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby Jan P » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Emmeline, you aren't the only one thinking you will miss some of the series due to holidays. I'll be doing a big catch up on recordings after six weeks in Australia (lucky me!)
Jan P

Postby Sylcec » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:00 am

I can't resist having a bit of a sly dig ;) as I agree with Emmeline in recognising hardly any of the names for the next series - Bruce Forsyth I know (he must be in his very senior years now, as remember him on UK TV before I left for Australia in 1973!), also Jason Donovan and Rupert Penry-Jones are vaguely familiar names.

Clearly, I am not a celeb watcher, however, will look forward to the series when it hits Aus TV, probably 6 months or so after you get it. Meanwhile, Emmeline will be able to get hold of DVDs of the Australian series, (of another bunch of unfamiliar names) to watch when she is out here!

Lets face it - almost all WDYTYA is good! :D
Sylvia
Sylcec

Postby Annie08 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:53 pm

I've actually heard of all the celebs this time. I too must watch too much telly.

However, Wednesday is never a good night for me and again the 'holiday season' is upon us. Why can't we have the series in the autumn/winter season? Still the recorder will be working overtime and there is always BBC iplayer - which I've only just got my head around.

Sylcec - Bruce is about 82 - I believe.

Annie08
Annie08

Return to General Who Do You Think You Are? chat