Moderator Control Panel ]

Does geneology stop at Watford?

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Does geneology stop at Watford?

Postby Eric the Webmaster » Fri May 28, 2010 2:24 pm

I attended the "Who do You Think You Are?" exhibition in London and have read your online magazine since.
A bit like the BBC, I've seen nothing about Scotland or much on north of Watford?

Like the BBC shouldn't you be re-locating some of your staff out of Bristol. Rather than Salford, Manchester, I would suggest http://www.VisitNorthEastEngland.com

If you want to crack the American and Worldwide Market, I'd be delighted to show you around Washington Old Hall, ancestral home of George Washington, First President of the United States of America. I would suggest sometime between the 7th and 15th of August at the end of the Tall Ships Race from Norway to Hartlepool, and during the re-enactment of "The Battle of Hylton Castle" during the Civil War, being staged by the "Sealed Knot" Society.

For the "American Connection", I would read the poem "The Phantom Ship" by Longfellow, one of America's greatest poets, before you arrive!
Eric the Webmaster

Re: Does geneology stop at Watford?

Postby Editor » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 am

Hi Eric,

We do cover Scottish and Northern records. In fact, the issue on sale at the moment has an article on Scottish parish registers. We get requests from people all over the country saying that we don't cover the areas they are interested in enough and of course I recognise that Scottish records are different but rest assured we do have plenty more coming up (and something on Wales for those wanting more Welsh content). I will make sure that we do continue to put in Scottish content and it is good to be kept on our toes.

Regards,

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Return to Magazine chat