Moderator Control Panel ]

Overseas subscriptions

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Overseas subscriptions

Postby Sylcec » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:56 am

I love WDYTYA mag - my favourite of the large collection of UK family history mags that we get at some newsagents in Sydney.

However, I am not at all happy with the way you manage your overseas subscriptions. I did have a 12 month sub a while ago, which only took effect several months after I had paid and then emailed to say "where is it?". 12 months later, as I was unable to renew on-line - was told to phone or fax with details, I didn't renew, and went back to buying copy 3 months late at the newsagent.

Now, however, I am motivated to giving it another go as you have a special offer - but have been unable to complete the order form because it doesn't recognise what is a valid Australian postcode!! Maybe this is a polite way of the BBC saying they don't want Australian subscribers? Surely not!
(This is a 'double-whammy' complaint, as have already sent an email to the servicehelpline - indicating my level of frustration.)
Sylvia
Sylcec

Re: Overseas subscriptions

Postby Sylcec » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:39 pm

Just wanted to let you know that the problem I described yesterday seems to have been fixed (though there is still no field to show the Australian State) and tonight I have been able to complete the form and take out a new subscription to WDYTYA. S
Sylcec

Return to Magazine chat