Moderator Control Panel ]

A1 family tree wall chart

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

A1 family tree wall chart

Postby Editor » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:33 pm

I've had a few phone calls and emails about the A1 family tree wall chart that we mentioned in our guide to Who Do You Think You Are? LIVE. These charts are being given away free to everyone who signs up for a beginners talk at the show, however, if you would like to buy a chart, they will be on sale for £4 at the show and £5 through our back issues department afterwards. These charts are folded rather than rolled (to keep the price down) and we have got a few of them here in the office already (I spent last night filling mine in and now have wrist-ache!). If you would like to order one in advance, get in touch with my via my email address in the magazine or send me a personal message via the forum.

Sarah
Attachments
WDYTYA_Chart_2.jpg
WDYTYA_Chart_2.jpg (152.68 KiB) Viewed 3907 times
Editor
Site Admin

Re: A1 family tree wall chart

Postby callbrian » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Hi Sarah,
it looks pretty impressive.
I hope all goes well with the show, I would have loved to come and meet you all, unfortunately Cornwall is quite a distance. Hope your wrist is improving!
Brian
[color=#0000FF]callbrian[/color]
callbrian

Postby Editor » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:33 pm

It is amazing how little we are used to handwriting nowadays! I really enjoyed filling mine in though. It reminded me where I've got some gaps and had given up searching. Now I want my chart to be 'complete' I'm going to have to put a bit more effort in to certain corners of my family.

I had a lovely weekend with my aunt in Cambridge who came up with dozens of family photographs I didn't know existed. Many of them were for 'side branches' and I'm sure there will be descendants of these branches who would love to see these pics. I think I might do some researching 'downwards' to find some distant living cousins and see if they would like copies.

Has anyone else out there done that?

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby ksouthall » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Hello Sarah,

Yes I have contacted distant cousins and we ave exchanged information and copies of photos. I have done this for a few branches of my family. It has helped add detail to my family tree and solved a few mysteries too.

Katherine
ksouthall

Postby callbrian » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:46 am

Hi Sarah, Katherine,
I have been making use of the MyHeritage online facility (January Issue). I had originally started a family tree in 2007, with little result. I have now added more Ancestral information on the site and contacted cousins and other relations in Australia,Canada and the USA via email. They are now adding information. The MyHeritage site seems a little more user friendly and the ease of adding photographs makes it a valuable FH tool.
Brian
[color=#0000FF]callbrian[/color]
callbrian

Return to Genealogy chat