Moderator Control Panel ]

magazine subscription offer

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

magazine subscription offer

Postby Jeanieallergy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:38 am

I'm convinced I saw a subscription offer on this website last week to get the first 5 issues for £5, and then continue the subscriptions for £17.85 per six issues (40% discount) - the same offer as at the show at the end of the month. Now I've come back to sign up, I can't find it! I know I didn't imagine it, can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Jeanieallergy

Re: magazine subscription offer

Postby ksouthall » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Jeanieallergy wrote:I'm convinced I saw a subscription offer on this website last week to get the first 5 issues for £5, and then continue the subscriptions for £17.85 per six issues (40% discount) - the same offer as at the show at the end of the month. Now I've come back to sign up, I can't find it! I know I didn't imagine it, can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

There was a New Year offer like this but I don't know when the cut off date was. I can check the latest issue of the magazine when I get home and let you know. It may have been 31st January though, in which case, it may be better to wait until the next offer comes along.
ksouthall

Postby ksouthall » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:40 am

I've just checked the magazine and the offer ended on 19th January. Hopefully there will be another one soon.

Perhaps there could also be an offer for long-serving subscribers?
ksouthall

Postby pre1837 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:52 am

ksouthall wrote:I've just checked the magazine and the offer ended on 19th January. Hopefully there will be another one soon.

Perhaps there could also be an offer for long-serving subscribers?

I suggested once to the Editor it would pay us to keepcancelling the subs and start again with the Free Offers of books etc but was told that was not the idea. The offers were to get more subscribers. Not to give anything back to the existing ones.
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Postby Editor » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:41 pm

Hello, I'm afraid that offer is not running at the moment, but it will be running at the show if you are coming to it (we will also be offering an extra free gift to the first 400 subscribers at the show, so if you are coming, come to our stand first). If it proves popular at the show, we will probably run it again at some point.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby ksouthall » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:26 pm

pre1837 wrote:I suggested once to the Editor it would pay us to keep cancelling the subs and start again with the Free Offers of books etc but was told that was not the idea. The offers were to get more subscribers. Not to give anything back to the existing ones.

They're such spoilsports, aren't they!

They know we don't want to risk missing an issue by cancelling our subscriptions....
ksouthall

Postby Editor » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Well, we've got some real corkers coming up that you definitely won't want to miss ;)
Editor
Site Admin

Postby ksouthall » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Can you give us any hints about what's coming up then please?
ksouthall

Postby Editor » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:58 am

Well we've got some great London content coming up on our next two cover discs but I'm afraid the rest we keep fairly close to our chest because of the competition...
Editor
Site Admin

Postby ksouthall » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:59 pm

Editor wrote:Well we've got some great London content coming up on our next two cover discs but I'm afraid the rest we keep fairly close to our chest because of the competition...

I confess to buying two rival magazines last weekend. Both quite interesting but I prefer WDYTYA? as it has more pictures. The others can be a bit hard-going. I prefer an easy read.

Keep up the good work with the magazine.
ksouthall

Next

Return to Magazine chat