Moderator Control Panel ]

WHERE IS THIS BUILDING IN BARKING

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

WHERE IS THIS BUILDING IN BARKING

Postby GOODMAN79 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:22 pm

I know the building is in the barking area.
Attachments
IMAGE0008.JPG
IMAGE0008.JPG (151.35 KiB) Viewed 1255 times
Copps from Tiverton, Devon
Betts From Hampshire
Gray from Dartford, Kent
GOODMAN79

Re: WHERE IS THIS BUILDING IN BARKING

Postby steve bannister 1 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:03 am

I am assuming you know that this is Ernest Cop? As Ernest was born in 1893, and if this is Ernest on the right, he looks in his early 20's. Fairly young for a guy to own his own shop, but as his sister, Alice, was a dress maker, 11years older, and was working from home, was it a family business? Either way, the family lived at 8 Harpour Road, Barking.

The picture looks as though it was taken around 1912-1915, Any later, and Ernest would probably have been in the war (Which, according to your other post, he probably was, as he was in Egypt by 1916). As Barking underwent a major regrowth with a lot of money being spent improving the area in 1912, I would imagine that Barking and Dagenham Council would be your best bet, if not, then the Essex Family History Society.

It would be nice, though, if you could have introduced yourself a bit and given us a bit of background and a lot more information to go on. Not just, 'Where's this photo'. It would have made it a bit easier for us to help.

But, if you are going to post a picture of Ernest, then this one would have been a lot funnier!...
Attachments
Ernest Copp.jpg
Ernest Copp.jpg (28.06 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
Researching:
BAPTISTE - Tobago, then moved to Glasgow in 1870's
YOUNG - Glasgow
GALLER - Austria
DEASE - Ireland (Westmeath/Meath/Coole/Kildare)
BEARDMORE - Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire
HAIGH - London (Originally Halifax, Yorkshire)
steve bannister 1

Re: WHERE IS THIS BUILDING IN BARKING

Postby GOODMAN79 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:49 pm

Thank you for the information, I only had very limited information. I was given a few photos and postcards from my Nan when she died.
Copps from Tiverton, Devon
Betts From Hampshire
Gray from Dartford, Kent
GOODMAN79

Return to Photo identification