Moderator Control Panel ]

October cover disc

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

October cover disc

Postby carlywild » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:12 pm

Hello. It was great to see the 14 Day Challenge on this disc; I missed the first part as I didn't buy the magazine that month and as a newbie to family history it was nice to catch up. One small question, though - the wecome screen on the disc mentions that the 14 Day Challenge includes pdf files of charts to help record findings. I think I'd find these really useful but I can't find them on the disc?

Sorry if I'm being daft and they're staring me in the face but could you point me in the right direction? Thanks!
carlywild

Re: October cover disc

Postby pre1837 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:15 pm

Sorry, but I have looked and looked but cannot see what you mention. The only item I can see is the offer of downloading a program so that you can view the PDF files as used in the 14 day challenge sections, which just contain the Part 1 & 2 in 'book form'.
If anyone else can help, please let me know as well. Peter.
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Postby Denise Psaila » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:31 am

I have been having problems with the October disc (Manchester ancestors). It starts up ok but when I try to access the 1851 census or the parish magazines index, I get this message:-

"Error number 31 - there is no application associated with this file name"

Can anyone help? I have not had any problems with any of the other WDYTYA discs.

Thanks
Denise Psaila

Postby callbrian » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:21 pm

Hi Denise,
I believe that the PDF's have been omitted from the disk. Usually there is a download for an Ancestral chart and individual records chart and a sample of an already completed chart, which are beneath the article Getting Started. I thought these were also available from the main page of the site under 'Getting started' but I haven't found them there either.
They will possibly reappear in next months issue.
callbrian
[color=#0000FF]callbrian[/color]
callbrian

Postby callbrian » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:23 pm

Hi,
Oops Sorry! My last reply should have been for Carly, apologies.
callbrian :oops:
[color=#0000FF]callbrian[/color]
callbrian

Return to Magazine chat