Moderator Control Panel ]

Other account oddities

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Other account oddities

Postby Phil Knight » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:06 am

Further to the comments about having to sign in every time, herewith another couple of queries.
1) Why does my time zone seem to change randomly from time to time?
2) What does it mean when, after changing account details, rather than a message such as "User Profile Phil Knight has been updated", I sometimes get a message (for example on changing my password) which adds the words "synced to phpBB" at the end? I haven't kept a record, but I feel sure that it isn't always "phpBB" which shows up.
Researching Knight, Norton and Perkins from Leicester, Stow, Frankish, Fulstow, Empringham, Gleadle & others from Lincolnshire, Wells & related families in Nottinghamshire & Stampers from Kirkbymoorside & area.
Phil Knight

Re: Other account oddities

Postby Editor » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:09 pm

Am looking into this and the other queries about the forum.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby margaretabram » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:50 pm

I used to use the forum daily, but with the constant requirement to log in, despite clicking the tab to automatically log me in, has put me off. Also the forum is much harder to use and I really don't like the current format. It's a shame, but I can't get to grips with it.
Mags
margaretabram

Postby ksouthall » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:38 am

And I am still unable to edit my posts, which is annoying because I do try to preview them but sometimes I miss the odd mistake.
ksouthall

Postby Editor » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:48 am

The phpBB sync message should be sorted now. Our online team is looking into the other oddities.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Return to Technical help