Moderator Control Panel ]

Crossword

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Crossword

Postby flamson24 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:06 pm

Please go back to the system of printing the crossword on the back of advertising pages, not news items, it is a nuisance having to either lose the news items or waste time scanning & printing off the page if you want to sned in the completed crossword.
flamson24

Re: Crossword

Postby pre1837 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:11 pm

I can scan and print in one op and it takes all of 20 seconds. I fill out the answers on the copy so as not to damage the magazine.
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Postby Editor » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:25 pm

I'm afraid we will no longer be running a crossword in the magazine. We sent out a survey to the members of our reader panel and the crossword was clearly not seen as relevant in a family history magazine.

The reader panel also voted very strongly to keep the cover CD, so we will not be removing it in the near future.

If you would like to be involved in our reader panel and have your say about what goes in the magazine for future surveys, go to www.bbcmagazinesinsiders.com

You can of course also give us feedback through the forum or by emailing us.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby colliehouse » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:30 pm

What a shame about the crossword, I really enjoy doing it and massaging the brain cells. Mind you I'm glad about the CD's.
colliehouse

Return to Magazine chat