Moderator Control Panel ]

September Magazine 14 day Challenge

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

September Magazine 14 day Challenge

Postby BobsyWobsy » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:01 pm

page 58, Surley that should read After 1911 inclube mother's maiden name.
Page 59 Free BMD marriages matching names at the touch of a button, I find it Tricky before 1911 easy after 1991.
Page 45 Obtaining records, Are living veterans FREE ?
Page 20, i like the picture at the RAF Museum
Quite enjoyed the mag.
Cheers Bob T.
BobsyWobsy

Re: September Magazine 14 day Challenge

Postby callbrian » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:37 pm

Hi
perhaps we should contact Sarah about duplicate postings. I had already posted as September Mag error, the error you posted. Perhaps there is a way around duplication!
I was also hoping that ksouthall's query, regarding editing after posting maybe answered, as I have noticed several errors in my posts after submitting them.
regards
callbrian
[color=#0000FF]callbrian[/color]
callbrian

Postby Editor » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:00 pm

We're sorry about the mistakes that crept into the final copy of our 14-day challenge. Jenny hadn't had a chance to look at it before it went to press as she was on holiday. We have put a 'correct' version onto the October issue CD so keep an eye out for it.

As for changes to postings. As far as I know, nobody's posting is changed once it has gone onto the forum - unless it is offensive! If we do change anything, we notify the poster. I think the only time I have questioned a posting was when it seemed too much like an advert for services.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby callbrian » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi Sarah,
I think you may have missed the point regarding editing postings. I believe both ksouthall and myself were querying, whether it is possible for the author to edit postings after they have been posted.
I know sometimes, although I have used the preview feature, I still see mistakes to my post after posting.
Hope this clears up the question!
Brian
[color=#0000FF]callbrian[/color]
callbrian

Postby Editor » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:01 pm

Hmm, you are the second person to say that they cannot edit their posts. You should be able to see a box that says 'edit' near the top right of your post, along with a 'x' for you to delete your post. Are there other people who do not see this function? If so, we will have to look at what is happening and why and try to fix it. Everyone should be able to edit or delete all of their postings. Can I ask other forum users to get back to me with whether they can edit their posts.

Thanks

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby pre1837 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:12 pm

Hi Sarah,
Have had a good look and I CANNOT see anywhere that I might be able to 'Edit' nor 'DELETE' any of my own posts.
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Postby paulberyl » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:37 pm

Hi Sarah,

When I have posted my messages there are two icons in the top right corner; one of them is a 'X' which allows me to delete the message and the other is a warning triangle which when you hover the cursor over says 'Report this post'. I cannot see any facility to be able to edit a post.

Paul
paulberyl

Postby Editor » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:25 pm

OK, thanks for the feedback. I'm on the case.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Return to Magazine chat