Moderator Control Panel ]

Series DVDs

Recently watched a repeat and discovered something new? Have a query about how the show is made? This is the place to have your say

Series DVDs

Postby mandyjanes » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:48 pm

Why can't I pre-order the DVDs for the series through this web site?
mandyjanes

Re: Series DVDs

Postby murraysd » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:17 am

Not an answer, but another query! I live abroad, and so far I have only been able to see Series 1-3. Series 4 has recently been released on DVD and I hope to send off for it soon. I would love to be able to watch the later series, but the DVDs are so far behind the TV screenings.

Why can't the programme makers produce DVDs sooner after programmes are screened? It is so frustrating having to wait several years to see WDYTYA!
murraysd

Postby Editor » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:19 pm

We did consider setting up a shop on this website, but there are some many good online providers that we decided it was probably unnecessary. You could try BBCshop.com or Amazon.co.uk. I agree about it being a shame that there is such a gap between a series coming out on TV and it coming out on DVD. They have just released a box set of all the first four series together.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby JayneS » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:48 pm

Has anyone purchased the Series 7 (2010) DVD? If so, I would like to know if it contains any 'extras' which were not shown when the series was screened? I can't find any mention of extras in the description given on Amazon and as yet I have been unable to locate this DVD set in any high street stores, so I have not been able to check with the description given on the box.
Thanks.
JayneS

Postby Grace12 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:48 am

I too would like to see Series 7.... I watched it on TV and in episode 2 Rupert Everett went to the 'Home for Little Boys' where his ancester had lived. A photo was shown of the three founders Robert Culling Hanbury, William Willans and A O Charles. I tried contacting the program for a copy of the photo or its location. No joy. Where was the photo? What was the name of the person Rupert was speakng to? These founders knew Dr Barnardo and passed on their style of boys homes to him. They have been forgotten ...even the website for the old boys is wrong as it has William Williams and A D Charles.
Grace12

Return to General Who Do You Think You Are? chat