Moderator Control Panel ]

Coming Home - Celebs With Welsh Roots

From Heir Hunters to Wartime Farm, this is the place to discuss other genealogy and history programmes

Coming Home - Celebs With Welsh Roots

Postby FamilyHistoryAddict » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:43 pm

Wasn't sure where to put this post but opted for Feedback.

While I was on holiday I recorded this series on my Sky Box. Most of the programmes were OK but nothing to get too excited about. They featured Christopher Timothy, Janet Street-Porter, Michael Heseltine, Pam Ferris etc etc.

However today I watched Patrick Mower's programme and that one was really stunning!!!

I won't say too much about it but Patrick got quite emotional and with good cause and he had a couple of Skeleton's In The Cupboard.

Never been much of a fan of Patrick's but I thought more kindly towards him after this programme.

If you ever see it is going to be repeated, make a point of catching it this edition. I saw it on Blighty TV.

Patrick's programme was better than some of those featured on WDYTYA.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/mid/sites/fa ... home.shtml

WDYTYA - You should consider using Patrick Mower - what a story!!!!!

Cheers, FHA
FamilyHistoryAddict

Re: Coming Home - Celebs With Welsh Roots

Postby Enfield67 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:00 pm

I enjoyed this series on Blighty recently! I'm guessing it was shown on BBC Wales rather than here in London as part of local broadcasting strand.
Enfield67

Postby Editor » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:58 am

I'll have to have a look at that one. It sounds good. I wish they would show the Australian series here. I loved the one with Cathy Freeman the Olympic runner. It was really moving and great social history and I'm sure people over here would be just as interested in it as Australian viewers were.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby ksouthall » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:03 am

Yes I agree. I would love to see the Australian series and the American one too.
Maybe BBC2 could show them?
ksouthall

Postby wilko » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:34 am

Hi all,
I am looking for series One...Does anyone know where I can find a copies of Petula Clarks episode and also Susan Saradons?
Hope some one can help me...
Wilko
wilko

Postby pre1837 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:17 am

Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Postby FamilyHistoryAddict » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:34 am

These are WDYTYA DVDs but I think Wilko wants the Coming Home Series which is a different programme altogether.

Cheers, FHA
FamilyHistoryAddict

Postby Editor » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:02 pm

I'm afraid Coming Home hasn't come to DVD. I'll try and keep an eye out for any repeats on TV - Blighty is a good bet but these things crop up all over the place!

By the way, you can now watch series one of the Australian version on the internet. Try this link: http://www.sbs.com.au/shows/whodoyouthi ... 1/season/1

We're going to cover more about the Australian series in our January issue. We will start covering Coming Home and Heir Hunters in future issues as well.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Return to Other TV and radio programmes