Moderator Control Panel ]

New-look website and forum

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Re: New-look website and forum

Postby beverleym » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:03 pm

Love the new website..only one complaint on the out and about section, the South West consists of more than Cornwall !
Really like the social history section..more please.
beverleym

Postby Daniel Cossins » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:15 pm

Thanks for all your feedback.

Quite right about the 'Out and About' section. I'll be adding more events and archives in the coming weeks. Do get in touch and let me know if there is something you think we should include (danielcossins@bbcmagazinesbristol.com).

Also, keep an eye on the 'Latest Updates' section on the hompage for the most recent news stories, blogs and features. We'll be adding more practical guides in the coming weeks, as well as best website guides and, hopefully, more social history (in the not so distant future).

It's a work in progress and we're always looking to improve, so do keep letting us know what you want to see more of.

Thanks again,

Dan
Daniel Cossins
Site Admin

Postby Guy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:07 pm

What I don't understand is some seem to have been able to transfer to the "new look forum" whilst others seem to have had to re-subscribe.
Is there any reason for this?
Cheers
Guy
As we have gained from the past, we owe the future a debt, which we pay by sharing today.
Guy

Postby ulceby1667 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:38 am

Why is it that when ever a website changes people always have to start to moan. I love the new look and have found the site far easier to use. Had no problem changing my pass word. Just read and follow the instructions. Good luck to the new site and lets get on with what the site is here for, Family reasearch and people who are interested in our hobby so stop moaning and get on with what we all enjoy...................Andrew
ulceby1667

Postby pentre » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:18 pm

I have still not found out how to change my password. I can't find any tab saying 'Profile' . This means I end up having to ask for a new password practically every time I use this site.
pentre
pentre

Postby Annie08 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:41 pm

Not everyone finds it easy 'to read and follow instructions' as quoted by ulceby1667. I symphasise with those contributors who have not got their password sorted out yet - I found it difficult to get going, but have now 'got there'. We are not moaning - just trying to 'get going again'.

I like the new site myself, and long may it continue.

Annie08
Annie08

Postby callbrian » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi, Sarah/Dan,
I posted a query last week in Feedback as 'photo help', am I missing something or being really silly regarding photos in photo help. I used to be able to see photos now I only see a link. How do you now view the photograph?
Brian :?:
[color=#0000FF]callbrian[/color]
callbrian

Postby pre1837 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:24 pm

by pentre » 19 Jul 2009 16:18

I have still not found out how to change my password. I can't find any tab saying 'Profile' . This means I end up having to ask for a new password practically every time I use this site.

Link at the top left shown as "User Control Panel"
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Postby Editor » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:53 pm

Regarding callbrian's point about photo attachments, we have unfortunately been unable to transfer attachments from the old site to the new one. For those who are still wanting help with a photograph, could they please upload it again?

Sorry...

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby ksouthall » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:16 am

I still can't edit posts. I don't know if I am looking in the wrong place on the screen or not. I was expecting the option to be on the posts I have made but still can't see it.
Do I need to do something to make the option visible?
I have been previewing before I submit posts but sometimes miss mistakes.
Please help as I hate spotting mistakes afterwards and not being able to correct them.
ksouthall

PreviousNext

Return to Technical help