Moderator Control Panel ]

Forum downtime

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Forum downtime

Postby Editor » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:06 pm

Please be aware that this forum in its current format will be closing on Thursday 6th July. We are working on a new website that will be launched on Friday and we will be spending Thursday migrating all the forum posts from the old system onto the new system.

Your current password will not work with the new system so you will need to register again when you return. Forum users should receive an email informing them that they will need to change their password, but if you don't, don't worry. Just visit our new website on Friday and you will be able to register there.

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

RE: Forum downtime

Postby storyteller » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:26 pm

Sarah,

Would that be Thursday 9th July? on Tuesday 6th July?
Researching :- Kelley, Greenwood, Buckley, Loring,

Gooch, Rogers, Nicklen, Clarke, Hull and more ,lol
storyteller

Re: Forum downtime

Postby margaretabram » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:49 pm

Well, eventually I got back on to the forum (ahead of schedule - well done)! The new site would not recognise my user name so the only way to get back on was to get a temporary log in through inputting my email address. Then, when I clicked on the link sent my user name was recognised. I found it very difficult to understand, but maybe I'm a bit silly as I have Swine Flu at the moment! I am missing the old site which was easy to understand. Posts since last visit was something I used every time. I couldn't find it but maybe its the flu bug.
Mags
margaretabram

Postby storyteller » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:50 pm

Hope you feel better soon Margaret, I haven't got flu but found it difficult getting back on :roll:

All sorted now though, guess we'll get used to the new lay out.
Researching :- Kelley, Greenwood, Buckley, Loring,

Gooch, Rogers, Nicklen, Clarke, Hull and more ,lol
storyteller

Postby Editor » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:23 am

We are working on 'posts since last visit'. You can scroll to the bottom and see what has been posted over the past day, week etc which is a handy alternative for now.

Any other functions you have noticed that are missing?

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Postby Annie08 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:06 pm

Hi
I eventually got back. I also found it difficult to follow - ended up with 3 e-mails with login links!. I hope I'll get used to this site - all for the better I hope - am missing the 'posts since last visit' button and had to search to find a button which would allow me to reply here.

Hope you are feeling better from the Swine Flu.

Annie08
Annie08

Postby Annie08 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:10 pm

Hi

Can't find 'edit reply' as I wanted to enter 'Margaretabram' on my last post on the line saying I hope she's feeling better.

Annie08
Annie08

Postby margaretabram » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:59 pm

Thanks Annie, the Tamiflu seems to have done a good job. If anyone has a terrible headache that won't respond to the usual painkillers, aching limbs or back and a sore throat/cough, even without a temperature, it could be the swine flu. I was shocked to get that diagnosis, as I was not expecting it.

I have having real difficulty with this new layout. My latest gripe is that the automatic log-in button doesn't do that at all and you have to log-in every time even though the box is ticked. Grrr!

We are so lucky these days with antibiotics and antivirals. We only have to look at our ancestors' death certificates to see why!
Mags
margaretabram

Return to Technical help